LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Predict the 7 inactive players for *Week 2*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
My initial instinct is that it would be Dobbs inactive as well (still might) but when I heard Fangio's comments, he noted Dobbs as the first one to fill in for McDonald if he was inactive...not TJE "and" he has played ST in the past and TJE hasn't IIRC. It could be Dial inactive instead but who would play NT if Ian can't play at 100%? TJE or Dobbs? Tough tough calls, no doubt. Even MM has BOTH Patton and Lloyd inactive.
lol, mock draft, mock the final cut, now mock the inactive players

You never know why a coach says certain things. Perhaps he wanted to kick someone's ass when he told the media that Dobbs is fine. Perhaps TJE practiced with the wrong attitude the last times.
Given that TJE showed that he can be a reliable LDE-backup and he can be inserted at NT, I would say that he won't be inactive.

Dobbs can be a RDE, if needed and he has some ST-value.

Dial is a preseason-phenomenon so far, iirc.

Carradine is expected to be Smith's next best replacement(?)

I'll go with known players over pure potential, just for this game. You don't wanna risk too much. TJE, Dobbs will be in for sure. Dial and Carradine are on the bubble, imho.
Assuming that Crabtree will be INactive:

ST (3)
Nelson, Lee, Dawson

Offense (21)
O-line: Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Looney, JMartin, Boone, Farrell
TE: Davis, McDonald, (Nelson)
RB: Gore, Hyde, LMJ, Miller
QB: Kaep, DNGAF
WR: Boldin, SJ, Ellington, Osgood, Lloyd, Patton

Defense (22)
D-line: RayMac, Williams, Smith, Dobbs, TJE
ILB: Willis, Wilhoite, Borland, Moody
OLB: Brooks, Skuta, Lemonier, Lynch
CB: Brock, Cully, Cox, Ward, Cook
S: Reid, Bethea, McRay, Dahl

If Crabs is active, either Patton or Lynch is out. Furthermore, even if Crabs is out, Carriere could be activated.
Thx 49ers, Osgood was released...
QB: Gabbert (Just a hunch)
OL: M.Martin
OL: A.Davis
WR: Patton
CB: Johnson
LB: Lynch
DL: ?? No clue, but at least one
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Damn not who I expected to get cut
Originally posted by communist:

For Boone??
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

For Boone??

Correct
I thought Dial looked like the only first year player other than Hyde that you could insert directly into the starting lineup and the team wouldnt miss a beat. The other guys have a ton of potential, but theyre all rookies or redshirts. Those guys will be useful later in the season.

Also, the last time we saw TJE play he was standing up guards on a goalline stand. The guy is useful in that he can play that type of roll either inside or outside.

The receiver battle is going to be a war of attrition. Whoever clicks with Kaep and can stay healthy gets to play. So it makes sense they keep lloyd even though they may not activate him right away.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nannite:
I thought Dial looked like the only first year player other than Hyde that you could insert directly into the starting lineup and the team wouldnt miss a beat. The other guys have a ton of potential, but theyre all rookies or redshirts. Those guys will be useful later in the season.

Also, the last time we saw TJE play he was standing up guards on a goalline stand. The guy is useful in that he can play that type of roll either inside or outside.

The receiver battle is going to be a war of attrition. Whoever clicks with Kaep and can stay healthy gets to play. So it makes sense they keep lloyd even though they may not activate him right away.

Dial is a second year player
Originally posted by sanjo49er:

For Boone??
LOL i dont understand
lol, mock draft, mock the final cut, now mock the inactive players

You know it brother...we don't mess around in here! LOL

I'm still annoyed that you have to have 7 inactive players and can't just use all 53. Yes I know, a team won't use all 53 players, but still. Sorry rant over.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I'm still annoyed that you have to have 7 inactive players and can't just use all 53. Yes I know, a team won't use all 53 players, but still. Sorry rant over.

I agree I think 7 is to many but I understand the reason why the need to have teams declare I actives for injury reasons so no team can gain an advantage over another. Maybe 3 or 4 would be better.
Originally posted by Tman:
Dial is a second year player

His first year was basically a redshirt.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
My question is if Boone is activated, and all signs point to that happening, who is getting released?

He is activated. We did not have to release anyone, we had a roster exemption and then put Dorsey on IR designated to return.

You are incorrect sir, we brought osgood back with Dorsey's ir move. Boone is still under the roster exemption.

Roger that mah bad
I'm ashamed. I was wondering who this third OLB was and I forgot, Ahmad Brooks. And I'm one of his biggest supporters/defenders.

It's going to be amazing the talent we have inactive this Sunday. For those people that want to kick Baalke over the 2012 draft, I'd love for him to check out the drafts of all teams since 2011, including Seattle, and determine who they'd rather have as their GM.
Share 49ersWebzone