There are 207 users in the forums

Jed needs to step up.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed York needs to a step up. I rarely hear him answering any questions or explaining any next steps and/or processes regarding these off the field incidents. I hear Baalke to an extent. That being said, I think Harbaugh deserves a huge payday. He is constantly under fire regarding all these off the field issues answering questions but it's not really up to him to make a decision anyway, that's up to Baalke. I don't know if there's some sort of agreement for Harbaugh and Baalke to handle all media regarding this, but it kind of seems like Jed is hiding out. I don't know about you all but I don't like seeing my head coach worrying about media questions when he already has to round out this roster. Either Jed needs to step up, or Harbaugh needs a raise asap. Thoughts?
These words come into my mind: tempest, teacup; molehill, mountain; and of course, non-issue.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Jeds job is the manage operations and the direction of the franchise.

Not his responsibility what the players do, that falls on Baalke. He is the one atop of the food chain when it comes to character investigations and the quality of people we bring in on our team.

That would be over stepping his bounds. IMO - let the people you hired do their job - he is really good about doing that, which is what makes him a great owner.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
So you want him to be more like the other vocal NFL owners; Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Jim Irsay, and Al Davis before he died? They've all been awesome at stifling controversy in the media.

I think I prefer the owner who shuts up, writes the checks, and let the people who are paid to talk talk.
No he doesn't
If he talks what do you want him to say? There's nothing he can do or say at the moment and he doesn't run the football side of the 49ers, all that are in Baalke hands. I'm sure when the whole legal process is done and penalties have been handed down you'll hear some stuff from Jed but right now there's nothing he can say that Baalke and Harb haven't already said.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no he doesn't. He's doing what all owners should do. Let the people payed to talk and deal with this s**t, talk and deal with this s**t.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no he doesn't. He's doing what all owners should do. Let the people payed to talk and deal with this s**t, talk and deal with this s**t.

This 100%. The last thing we need is Jed turning into jerry jones.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This 100%. The last thing we need is Jed turning into jerry jones.

He needs to take over all decisions and become the public face of the 49ers. Good tings will happen. lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I wish he could just sit on his uncles lap one last time (for old times sake)... I miss those (Super Bowl) days

Jed York needs to step out of the way, and not interfere like he did last time. Get out of the way and let professionals do their work.
Jed York should do Jed York and not Jerry Jones
We have become a team that handles issues in house, just as it should be. I am confident that it will be addressed as soon as we have all of the facts and know the extent of the situation. The team can only do so much at some point some of these guys just need to grow up. I remember not too long ago we didn't have these issues, but we didn't have any wins either. I am not in a hurry to return to those days; the choir boys weren't cutting it. I am willing to work through an issues as long as we are winning.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
so you want a meddling micro manager? goo root for the cowboys. the OP feels sorry for the coach. why? it is his job to make the tough choices and face the tough situations. the easy ones are handled at a lower level. we have a good structure in place. they can not baby set players 24/7
Head Coaches are required by the NFL to have media sessions three or four times per week. Owners are not. It's not Jed's fault (really, it's not) that we've had a run of bad luck off the field. Let the two guys who picked the trouble makers deal with the aftermath.
Share 49ersWebzone