LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

Baalke is a Boss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:

LOL thanks for scaring the crap out of me. GIVE ME ALL YOUR DRAFT PICKS!!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
LOL thanks for scaring the crap out of me. GIVE ME ALL YOUR DRAFT PICKS!!!

I bet Baalke sends that pic to all 31 war rooms right before the draft, just to let people know who's boss.

This so much
love this this Thread! lol

Baalke is the man.
Originally posted by Phil:
No Tom Brady no Patriots.

Yeah to be fair they have even slipped the last 3-4 years drafting. That was just an example you could include us at the end of the 1st waiting to pick BPA or hold a bad team hostage.

Lifelong, yeah Baalke is drafting for a year or two ahead and he's in it for the long haul. He would rather have a shot at a SB for 5-7 years than go all in and take 1 run at it. I'm not a big fan of all in because then you end up not winning the SB and then end up back where you started a year or two later. Too much luck and variables in football to go all in for 1 year. All it takes is 1 bad bounce of the football, 1 bad call by the refs to change or end your season.

Agree 100%, the last three years luck went against the team at the worst possible time. To win it all luck plays a major role and PED's can tip the balance.
I bet Baalke sends that pic to all 31 war rooms right before the draft, just to let people know who's boss.

baalke has done a good job with depth ..but still want draft a receiver to help the team ...the last 2 draft he traded ..2 picks that turned out to be j hunter c lattimore ..get a big play receiver then i will consider him
the boss of all bosses
Baalke is more than a boss he's The Godfather, he even sounds like it.
I figured with the new stadium we should be having a youth movement. Baalke has done a good job letting FA's go that wanted too much (RJF, Brown, Sopoaga, Goldson, Whitner, Morgan, Snyder etc, etc) while being able to trade or cut long time 49ers to move on with the future (Haralson, Jennings, Snyder, Spillman, Grant etc). He's done a good job of bringing in a lot of talented young guys in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014. Looney from 2012. The next step could be letting guys like Iupati, Boone, McDonald, etc go to save money and get younger. As for this draft next year it will be interesting if we can continue to add depth/starters with only 7 picks (well maybe a few comp yet and a trade). Most years we are use to an extra 1st, 2nd or 3rd. This year 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (colts) is all we have so far. Maybe we can do some moving back to pick up more picks.

Very true! His ability to replace players with equal or better players is really amazing. It doesn't hurt that the coaching staff is excellent at getting guys in positions to play well--Rogers, Goldson, Whitner, Franklin...so many guys who were average on other teams did well with the niners. Franklin has played for three teams in the three years since leaving the niners! I don't blame him for chasing dollars--he's just a good example of Baalke replacing passable talent with better talent.
Good post.

Yeah 7 picks plus probably 2 comp picks. Still thats like 2 6's 2 7s out of our 9 picks. Only 1 in 1-5. Still a lot of picks but we are use to having more in the first 3 rounds. I'm not worried just pointing out what we have. That's a good point as well we will have Thomas, Acker, Millard back plus maybe Lattimore, Reaser and Ramsey if they go to IR and don't come back this year. That's anywhere from 12-15 new players and a whole lot of new competition.

Totally agree!

AND who knows if Trent has a trade or 2 up his sleeve during the season before the trading deadline hits.

I have nothing to go on BUT I still feel he could deal LMJ to a very needy team.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
overrated
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
All of the draft experts said the Niners were stockpiling draft picks to move up in the draft or trade for picks in next years draft, because there was NO WAY that 13 rookies would make the team. Then Balke drafts 12 and trades for Stevie Johnson and ALL of them make the team and on top of that an undrafted FA from this years class makes the team as well.

I can't think of a general manager I would want instead of Balke!

Go Niners!!!

+1. Now, just update your spelling of his name to the correct spelling, Baalke.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
baalke has done a good job with depth ..but still want draft a receiver to help the team ...the last 2 draft he traded ..2 picks that turned out to be j hunter c lattimore ..get a big play receiver then i will consider him
the boss of all bosses

Ellington and Patton could be awesome once they get their chance. They won't for a while with Boldin/Crab/Johnson on the team though.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
the boss of all bosses

Ellington and Patton could be awesome once they get their chance. They won't for a while with Boldin/Crab/Johnson on the team though.

And bringing in Boldin and Johnson (and Lloyd) are enough for me...with Patton and Ellington. The group went from Crabtree and some other guys to: Who's better than Crabtree, Boldin or Johnson as a starting group in the NFL?
It is amazing from the list on page 1
Soap...time to move on
RJF..ditto
Brown...adios, and no more stupid penalties
Goldson...ditto, and besides these guys were tacklers, not pass preventers. And Bethea, Ward, prevent passes before a tackle is needed.
Whitner...ditto again, and same for penalties. Good tackler, way too many passes completed on him.
Morgan....who doesn't think we are way better with Stevie, Anquan, Crabs, and Vernon, PLUS Ellington.
Grant...was good player, but I like our two guys who filled his shoes way better.
Snyder...holy cow, no explanation needed.
Spillman...again we upgraded, and quite a bit.

As for upcoming, getting rid of Iupati, maybe boone, and big mac, yeah it will probably happen.

How in the world we got in trouble from Qb to DE/NT, however, is mystifying. Sure kap got cleared, but still he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Aldon....just stupid immaturity. I think he is a good kid who just got caught up in bad circumstances he had no business being around.
Cully....jeez, guys, cut it out.

Bowman....no matter how you slice it THAT was a terrible break, for him personally, and us as a team. Tough, really tough guy to replace.

That said, except for Bow, aldon, and Big mac, we aren't as bad off as media makes you think. In fact we upgraded, saved money and got younger with great players. The Bowman deal hurts the worst, plus he is a really good guy. Aldon...I just pray he gets his head screwed on right...not a bad kid, just makes bad choice of friends. Big mac...ouch. I hope there is a happy ending, but am not betting on it. And timing couldn't have been worse.

Overall, baalke gets 12 keepers out of 13 picks plus he picks up Stevie? Wow, just wow.

Our GM has got to have a lock on GM of the yr again. The legal issues of some of the guys, (not a majority, just 3) are appalling. How you fix it....God only knows. Getting jed involved, tho is a great idea.
Share 49ersWebzone