There are 182 users in the forums

How big of a rivalry is there with the Cowboys?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

LMAO
Well, as a Dallas fan, I was born in '93, so I missed all of that stuff. I haven't really ever "hated" the 49ers like a lot of people I know from dc.com and cowboyszone.com do. Especially on dc.com

I mostly just f**king hate the Eagles and Giants. I still hate the Redskins, but to a lesser degree. I guess because I'm 21 and never witnessed the great rivalry games.
Originally posted by blueberryicedcoffee:
Well, as a Dallas fan, I was born in '93, so I missed all of that stuff. I haven't really ever "hated" the 49ers like a lot of people I know from dc.com and cowboyszone.com do. Especially on dc.com

I mostly just f**king hate the Eagles and Giants. I still hate the Redskins, but to a lesser degree. I guess because I'm 21 and never witnessed the great rivalry games.

Get on youtube and see if you can find any of the old games between the Niners and Cowboys.... Man those were some great games... If you were born in 93 then f**k I'm old.... Ughh
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 2, 2014 at 8:21 PM ]
  • Jiks
At one time I hated Dallas, but it's nothing like it was back in the day. Need Dallas to make the playoffs first.
The rivalry is long dead. That was in the early 80's and mid 90's. Now it is just another game. Always like to beat the Cowboys, but it isn't as special as it once was.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It is a lasting remnant of the sour taste from the bitter rivalry from decades ago. It will never go away. I live in Dallas and Cowboy country and virtually all my friends are emphatic 49er-haters.

Do tell. Because this guy is from Dallas, and he says fans there could care less about the Niners. He even said he'd invite me to a Cowboys forum just so I could see that they don't care...
To me it's a rivalry..but granted it has lost some luster over the years..we still owe them from a few yrs ago when they beat us at home. But nothing will ever come close to the 80's & 90's battles. Those were epic times.
dont really get the 'rivalry is dead now' thing

real rivalries dont get manufactured out of thin air by whichever team is good at the moment. they are cultivated year by year, with hatred and animosity building up, and grow to historic proportions. it doesnt matter which team is good and which is bad its still a rivalry.

sure, most major rivalries involve teams within the same division, but still
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blueberryicedcoffee:

Are you from Texas? How do you parents or aunts/uncles feel about it?

Good advice too from another member. Youtube those 80's and 90's games, man they were great.
One of the all time best rivalrys

This is crazy... we hate the Cowboys and they hate us... to the OP, your douche bag friend is either been a cowboy fan for the last 10 years only or so or is a total tool... I get division games are heated but the history with the 49ers/Cowboys is real
The rivalry is non-existent now. It was huge in the mid to late 90s. However, GB took over that mantle for a while and now its Seattle.
Anyway, regardless of this being a rivalry game or not, I'd prefer a well played game and a win.
Can't stand Dallas. Even now.
Originally posted by English:
Can't stand Dallas. Even now.

i can't even
I hate Dallas with a passion

Share 49ersWebzone