There are 225 users in the forums

How big of a rivalry is there with the Cowboys?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
So I have a Facebook friend/acquaintance who is a Cowboys fan, and he is adamant that Cowboys fans do not, and have never, cared about the 49ers. I realize the rivalry was much bigger in the 80's and 90's, but I still feel a hatred towards "America's Team." He says they do not feel the same. That their division rivals are much more important and that's all they care about.

I was just curious how everyone else felt about Cowboys and their fans? Do you know any Cowboys fans and how do they look at us?
it's fizzled after the 90s for sure
On a side note. Didn't know where to post this but were is buzzb? I miss his rants
none
The Cowboys won't be relevant again until jerry Jones gives up his power or dies....he ran their salary cap into the s**tter which is why they have nobody on defense
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
none.but you can bet troy aikman will do his best on sunday to bring it back... f**king country
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
it's fizzled after the 90s for sure
Zero rivalry these days. Jerry is all hat no cattle.
I will always hate their guts.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
So you guys that are saying "no rivalry" is because the Cowboys aren't very good? You telling me when they came into Candlestick in 2011, their fans took over the stadium, and they beat us - that you weren't FUMING??
hasn't been a postseason matchup since January 1995....always need those stakes to keep the hate fresh (a la w/ GB)

last Young vs Aikman matchup was in '97, tho it wasn't foreseen @ the time

Both dynasties fizzled out around the same time due to forced early retirement of their respective HOF QBs

boys took the quick spend big, stay mediocre route of rebuilding while Niners went thru the blow up everything but rebuild solid thru the draft route

hate that we've lost most of the recent match ups tho (last 2 @ the Stick in '05 & '11 to late blown leads )

too bad there weren't enough games against them when TO was there, that would've kept the hate strong

last win was the Garcia-Streets comeback in Dec 2002
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:35 PM ]

What rivalry....Cowboys ain't done s**t in 20 years....
  • Antix
  • Veteran
In order for it to be a rivalry games must be played against each other in the playoffs. The Cowboys don't really like the playoffs that much.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I will always hate their guts.

This
Originally posted by ring_less:
On a side note. Didn't know where to post this but were is buzzb? I miss his rants

He's probably still in mourning over the Sam Bradford thing. He had a major crush on Sam.
Is the Cowboys rivalry like it was in the 80's and 90's...I don't really think so. I was at those games and the hatred for the BOY'S then is like our hatred for the Sea Vultures is now. If the Cowboys were relevant in today's NFL it would be one thing but they are not, as long as Jerry Jones owns the team. The rivalry will only be a memory for the old timers......but I would still like to whoop their ass you know what I mean, especially at that " everything is bigger and better in Texas " stadium they have.
Share 49ersWebzone