LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

Anyone know our starting defensive lineup?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Offense is pretty much a given except I see Carlos taking over half of Gore's snaps.
What about our defense and our special teams?

Do you think Ellington receives both the PR and KR duties?
It might be worth your while waiting for the D lineup.

ST dealt with in another thread.
[ Edited by English on Sep 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM ]
Should be this:

RDE: Justin Smith; Tank Carradine & DeMarcus Dobbs
LDE: Ray McDonald; Quinton Dial (Kaleb Ramsey)
NT: Ian Williams; Tony Jerrod-Eddie (Glenn Dorsey)
WILL: Corey Lemonier; Dan Skuta (Aldon Smith)
SAM: Ahmad Brooks; Aaron Lynch
MIKE: Patrick Willis; Nick Moody
TED: Michael Wilhoite; Chris Borland (Navarro Bowman)
RCB: Tramaine Brock; Dontae Johnson (Keith Reaser)
LCB: Chris Culliver; Chris Cook (Kenneth Acker)
SLOT/NICKLE: Jimmie Ward; Perrish Cox
FS: Eric Reid; Craig Dahl
SS: Antoine Bethea; L.J. McCray
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Thanks NCommand...
so many changes this year on defense I think they're going to struggle a bit until they build some continuity.
^^^ That looks pretty good to me. And the interesting thing is that it could get a lot better around half way through the season for the stretch run.
Originally posted by Chico:
Thanks NCommand...
so many changes this year on defense I think they're going to struggle a bit until they build some continuity.

i don't think they're going to struggle. i think they're going to shine as long as they know their assignments.

no more watching the wr catch the ball and then making the tackle.. now we're going to see a secondary knock it down and be able to make plays on tipped passes.. we haven't had that on this defense from the cb position in forever.
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Sep 2, 2014 at 11:24 AM ]
Any chance Tank takes over Ray Mac's spot? Tank and Justin together seems like a very scary front...especially vs the pass.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Any chance Tank takes over Ray Mac's spot? Tank and Justin together seems like a very scary front...especially vs the pass.

It may happen week 1... Who knows what's happening behind the scenes with the RayMac situation.
Originally posted by Chico:
Thanks NCommand...

N/p. BTW: I would imagine, the only inactive player(s) would be of this pool: Dobbs/TJE/Lynch...outside chance of Johnson.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'd like to see Tank and Dial mixed to keep them fresh. Maybe have both of them every now and then to give Justin a breather. Also have Lynch come in here and there.

I would imagine Tank and Dial (esp.) will remain active and should get quite a few snaps at LDE/RDE. Lynch will probably be inactive d/t Lemonier/Skuta rotating in in place of Aldon.

The active 46 is the key!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 2, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
my exciting players to watch..
Tank
Dial
Ward
and I'd love to see Lynch get some PT
Originally posted by NCommand:
Should be this:

RDE: Justin Smith; Tank Carradine & DeMarcus Dobbs
LDE: Ray McDonald; Quinton Dial (Kaleb Ramsey)
NT: Ian Williams; Tony Jerrod-Eddie (Glenn Dorsey)
WILL: Corey Lemonier; Dan Skuta (Aldon Smith)
SAM: Ahmad Brooks; Aaron Lynch
MIKE: Patrick Willis; Nick Moody
TED: Michael Wilhoite; Chris Borland (Navarro Bowman)
RCB: Tramaine Brock; Dontae Johnson (Keith Reaser)
LCB: Chris Culliver; Chris Cook (Kenneth Acker)
SLOT/NICKLE: Jimmie Ward; Perrish Cox
FS: Eric Reid; Craig Dahl
SS: Antoine Bethea; L.J. McCray

So the most important person on the D to stay healthy is Eric Reid because no one wants to see Dahl play FS.
Originally posted by saj4423:
So the most important person on the D to stay healthy is Eric Reid because no one wants to see Dahl play FS.

Pretty much!!!! Let's just hope McCray keeps learning a ton so soon, he can be the "first one off the bench."
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saj4423:

I'm curious to see if they consider Ward the backup FS, with Cox taking over at nickel (in the event of a Reid injury). That would seem ideal to me. Basically use Dahl as safety only if there isn't another able body and Kaepernick is too tired to play 2 positions.
Share 49ersWebzone