There are 199 users in the forums

49ers QB situation rated #23 in the league

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Indy, Saints, Chargers, Packers and Broncos are top 5 when both starter and backups are considered. The idea being, in addition to the overall quality of the starter, which teams have a backup that can come in and win a few games when they must.

RE: 49ers/Kaep. "Kaepernick is unquestionably one of the most dynamic players at the position, but questions about his efficiency from the pocket make it tough to fully buy into his potential as a franchise player."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386682/article/colts-saints-chargers-boast-nfls-top-quarterback-situations

Other notables:
Patriots 6,
Bengals 7
Seahawks 8
Chiefs 10
Dallas 17
Another list can the season start already please?
Naaaa, it's #32......
Yup we suck
another retarded and pointless list

week one can't get here fast enough
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I think what the NFL analysts and pundits and bloggers and drunken bar room brawlers are saying is Kap needs to prove last season wasn't due to the WR situation. Can he be more than a running QB? I was on the Kap coolaid after the 2012 season. Was happy Alex was replaced "with the hot hand" but that has fizzled into more of a skeptical but supportive stance. He needs to improve his pocket game if he's going to be a long term franchise QB and he has the weapons to do it this season. He wanted the money now he's going to have to earn it. I sure hope he does. Our D is weakened, significantly, and we have an all-star WR corps now. This isn't rocket science. No excuses. We need no holds barred improvement in our passing game right out of the gates. The San Fransisco 49ers are on Kaps shoulders (or arm) this season. Not his legs. Not his scrambling ability but his ability to hit the open man from the pocket.
Not surprising. Seeing the back up QB play this preseason, they looked like the worse in the league. Gabbert is horrid and Johnson isn't much better. Neither are legit no. 2 QBs. Plus, Kap has lots to prove this year and plenty of room grow as QB, especially in the pocket. There's plenty of people outside our fan base (and even a few in it) that don't believe in Kap and think he doesn't have what it takes to elevate his game to the next level. Even the author of the article says it's tough to buy that Kap is a franchise QB and will ever be one (a little extreme IMO but an example of my previous point). This year he needs to prove them wrong and make the skeptics eat their words.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Sep 1, 2014 at 11:13 PM ]
post below
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Sep 2, 2014 at 12:30 AM ]
Also

7) Cincinnati Bengals Predictions for the 2014 NFL season
Who will win major awards? Which teams will make the playoffs? Who will lift the Lombardi Trophy? Our analysts weigh in. READ

Starter: Andy Dalton Backup: Jason Campbell Outlook: Dalton doesn't stand out as one of the top quarterbacks in the game, but he has led the Bengals to a 30-18 regular-season record and three straight postseason berths. Campbell, meanwhile, had the Oakland Raiders poised to reach the playoffs under coach Hue Jackson in 2011, compiling a 4-2 record as a starter before a broken collarbone prematurely ended his season. He is a solid backup with valuable experience directing Cincinnati's new offensive scheme.

this invalidates the list. on what planet is Andy Dalton a sure thing and Kap has lots to prove...

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Not surprising. Seeing the back up QB play this preseason, they looked like the worse in the league. Gabbert is horrid and Johnson isn't much better. Neither are legit no. 2 QBs. Plus, Kap has lots to prove this year and plenty of room grow as QB, especially in the pocket. There's plenty of people outside our fan base (and even a few in it) that don't believe in Kap and think he doesn't have what it takes to elevate his game to the next level. Even the author of the article says it's tough to buy that Kap is a franchise QB and will ever be one (a little extreme IMO but an example of my previous point). This year he needs to prove them wrong and make the skeptics eat their words.
I'm betting he will pull though. He has the WR's now. Even when he didnt, he was still an conference championship QB.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Also

7) Cincinnati Bengals Predictions for the 2014 NFL season
Who will win major awards? Which teams will make the playoffs? Who will lift the Lombardi Trophy? Our analysts weigh in. READ

Starter: Andy Dalton Backup: Jason Campbell Outlook: Dalton doesn't stand out as one of the top quarterbacks in the game, but he has led the Bengals to a 30-18 regular-season record and three straight postseason berths. Campbell, meanwhile, had the Oakland Raiders poised to reach the playoffs under coach Hue Jackson in 2011, compiling a 4-2 record as a starter before a broken collarbone prematurely ended his season. He is a solid backup with valuable experience directing Cincinnati's new offensive scheme.

this invalidates the list. on what planet is Andy Dalton a sure thing and Kap has lots to prove...

I didn't click the link to read the rest of the list but yeah, I think it's complete BS to question whether Kap is a franchise QB when he's taken the team to SB & NFCCG appearances in the toughest division in football when Dalton hasn't done s**t in the league yet. Smfh.

Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm betting he will pull though. He has the WR's now. Even when he didnt, he was still an conference championship QB.

I agree. With all the new weapons we have, I'm expecting an improved Kap. I don't see any way possible he regresses. Even when he struggled last year with our thin WR depth, once Crabtree came back and we had more than 1 legit NFL WR lined up next to Boldin, Kap's overall game, numbers, and the offense as a whole visibly improved. I'm expecting the same this season with even more weapons barring injuries.
They can rate our QB situation as number 3 if they choose but as long as we are number 1 in wins IDGAF!
If they are going to rate the Starting QB and the backups, This is a total BS of a list. A list that have The Jets, AZ and Lions ahead of the 49ers is too funny. Not being biased but first I think Kap is a better starter than Geno Smith,Palmer and Stafford, Second I know our backup sucks but I think JJ not Gabbert is a better Backup QB than their backup QB's outside of Vick. Jets Rated 15 tho? lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
If they are going to rate the Starting QB and the backups, This is a total BS of a list. A list that have The Jets, AZ and Lions ahead of the 49ers is too funny. Not being biased but first I think Kap is a better starter than Geno Smith,Palmer and Stafford, Second I know our backup sucks but I think JJ not Gabbert is a better Backup QB than their backup QB's outside of Vick. Jets Rated 15 tho? lol

I have to agree. Josh knows this offense and I think he gets the nod if Colin gets a ding.
Share 49ersWebzone