Predict our regular season record

we'll win 13 games if our power running attack is consistent all season
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
FWIW Vegas has the line at 10

10 - 6

Greetings from Lima - PERU

Originally posted by Stanley:
Mike and Mike have us @ 9-7

Mostly citing the loss of Aldon, Bowman, and the other distractions this offseason.

I'm sorry, but if another lost Aldon and Bowman, yes it could drastically hurt their chances. Of course there will be a drop off in play, but most people totally underestimate the depth talent on this defense.

Carlos Rogers is gone, Brown is gone, Whitner is gone.....WHO CARES!?

Watching backups play with backups is one thing, but plugging backups INTO the starting lineup can greatly improve their play as well.

Finishing 9-7 or worse would be absolute worst case scenario and basically ensures we wouldn't make the playoffs. Our defense would have to take a significant step back and our offense doesn't step up (Kap doesn't improve/regresses, predictable play calling, more brain farts in the RZ, not scoring enough TDs, etc).

I'm currently projecting us to win at least 10 games with us finishing at 10-6 but I could easily see us winning 12 or 13 games IF the offense plays to their potential.

Everyone keeps talking about how many players we're losing on D but not what we have gained on O. Kap will have 3 years in the offense, we'll have a healthy 100% Crabtree, Boldin plus the additions of Stevie, Lloyd, and Ellington; Hyde is a beast and I believe he and Gore could become a deadly 1-2 punch tandem, Boone is back, etc.

If we can start rolling and get in a rhythm rather quickly, I think that improves our projected wins column first half. (If we're still struggling to score, someone needs to be in the hot seat).

Midseason we should expect Bowman, Aldon, perhaps even Dorsey back and that's when the D will be at it's best elite level. I think we'll be especially dominant second half of the season, I have us losing no more than two games.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
2 or 3 felonies and a misdemeanor.
Before the aldon mess and before big mac, I had us at 12-4. Bow will make a huge difference also. I can see us losing in AZ, StL, and SEA, plus one other. Realistically, I may be a bit optimistic.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

Backseat mod much? Or is there already a thread on this seasons prediction?
13-3. We open the year 10-0. We finish on top of the Division and NFC.
8-8
13-3

Mostly citing the loss of Aldon, Bowman, and the other distractions this offseason.

I'm sorry, but if another lost Aldon and Bowman, yes it could drastically hurt their chances. Of course there will be a drop off in play, but most people totally underestimate the depth talent on this defense.

Watching backups play with backups is one thing, but plugging backups INTO the starting lineup can greatly improve their play as well.

lol Mike and Mike once again show they have clue what they are talking about

• Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

I think we could go 10-6 easily if our passing game doesn't improve. The other question, obviously, is how well our secondary will play in their first season as a unit. Will our front 7 be able to stop the run and put pressure on QB's or will our secondary get picked apart due to QB's having time in the pocket? I have no idea at this point. I also have no idea what our passing game will do. Will our O-line give Kap time in the pocket? The only solid confidence I have at this point is in the running game. Both our O-line's ability to run block and our RB talent. I'm pretty sure our secondary will do well. I'm also pretty sure Kap will put up better numbers than last season but I dont know to what extent. Everything is a question mark. It's kinda exciting going into the season not knowing what level of play we're going to see. We could go either way. Will it be bad? Will we dominate? The last couple seasons we knew we were making the playoffs...this year it's up for grabs between us, Seattle and Arizona.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

I think we could go 10-6 easily if our passing game doesn't improve. The other question, obviously, is how well our secondary will play in their first season as a unit. Will our front 7 be able to stop the run and put pressure on QB's or will our secondary get picked apart due to QB's having time in the pocket? I have no idea at this point. I also have no idea what our passing game will do. Will our O-line give Kap time in the pocket? The only solid confidence I have at this point is in the running game. Both our O-line's ability to run block and our RB talent. I'm pretty sure our secondary will do well. I'm also pretty sure Kap will put up better numbers than last season but I dont know to what extent. Everything is a question mark. It's kinda exciting going into the season not knowing what level of play we're going to see. We could go either way. Will it be bad? Will we dominate? The last couple seasons we knew we were making the playoffs...this year it's up for grabs between us, Seattle and Arizona.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
10-6
seriously you guys are drinking the media coolaid. This team is stacked the most talent its had in years and you have the nuts to say they will only win 9 games or less. Thats just sad. This is one of the easier schedules they have had in a while. There are only 4 tuff games on that schedule Denver, New Orleans and Seattle. They have all lost players and have question marks as well. The rest of that schedule couldn't even cary the 9er's jock straps.
Share 49ersWebzone