LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Predict our regular season record

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Predict our regular season record

Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
This is probably the year where we struggle a bit during the early part of the season and end up with a 10-6 record, entering the playoffs as a wild card team and then go on to win the Superbowl. We're going to be that team with a chip on their shoulder in the post-season and no one is going to want to play us.

Trust me I'm pretty good at predictions!

A replay of the '88 season with a last minute TD drive directed by Kaepernick to win the sixth title. I'll take it! (but I'm still saying 19-0 until I see a loss; then 18-1 until I see another loss.)

If we had a healthy Bowman and Aldon for 16 games, 19-0 actually wouldn't be too far fetched! siiiigh.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
11-5
  • lazy
  • Veteran
dp
[ Edited by lazy on Sep 2, 2014 at 1:00 PM ]
11-5 seems realistic
10-6 mostly cause of the first half schedule and missing starters
[ Edited by highway49 on Sep 2, 2014 at 1:18 PM ]
i think realistically we go 12-4 or 13-3.... we will not lose to the beagles or the cards.... im thinking we lose to the saints, and thats a big maybe, and we lose to denver, and maybe at seattle. our offense has too many weapons and our defense will be fine. but thats just my prediction...... preseason doesnt mean a thing..... our defensive backs will be good and even without aldon last year we went 5-0...
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

PYMWYMI? Hellloooo?
13-3

Last time we faced adversity we came out and ruined teams on a weekly basis. We have gotten accustomed to being the team to beat. Now we are the team being brushed off before the season starts.
Originally posted by jreff22:
13-3

Last time we faced adversity we came out and ruined teams on a weekly basis. We have gotten accustomed to being the team to beat. Now we are the team being brushed off before the season starts.

Just saw NFL Live's "Season kickoff trailer" -- we appear twice -- once literally behind Marshawn Lynch trying to catch him, and a second time -- someone quickly sacks a QB -- view is from afar, for like 1 second.

I think the Panthers got the shaft too. Everyone else is pretty much showcased.

What makes it worse is that you see that punk ass of a face that belongs to Heath Evans next.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
11-5

Mike and Mike have us @ 9-7

Mostly citing the loss of Aldon, Bowman, and the other distractions this offseason.

I'm sorry, but if another lost Aldon and Bowman, yes it could drastically hurt their chances. Of course there will be a drop off in play, but most people totally underestimate the depth talent on this defense.

Carlos Rogers is gone, Brown is gone, Whitner is gone.....WHO CARES!?

Watching backups play with backups is one thing, but plugging backups INTO the starting lineup can greatly improve their play as well.
I had 13-3 in the pymwymi thread and I still think that is doable, but given the recent events 10-6 or 11-5 seems more plausible. Whatever it is I just want to be peaking in December. That seems to be the model to win a title nowadays.
Mike and Mike actually think we're going 9-7?? What a joke. They only know some of our starters, they obviously have no clue who Lemonier, Carradine Dial, or Lynch is. If this was a more shallow team they'd all be starters.

You can always tell the talking heads who don't really know much about a team. I've gotta find the audio of this.
12-4
I voted 10-6, but I can see it being much better than that if Kaep stays healthy and takes the next step. More will be needed from the offense this year. This years motto ... TD's, not FG's
Share 49ersWebzone