There are 181 users in the forums

strategy change

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I can replace a harley davidson with a schwinn, they are both bikes

Check out how many players are on each roster from year to year. The nature of a collision sport is that bodies are used up. We're not talking bikes.
I think it's obvious we will need to score more points. We have the WR's to do that. When you have as many options as this team does you have to utilize them. I'm talking 3WR sets. The running game will still be a major point of emphasis but I expect the coaches have prepared to open up the passing game at certain points during the game. Specifically when we're only a TD up and the defense just got a stop. We need that 2 TD cushion so you don't exactly want to soak up clock just to get a FG.

I think the defense will adapt. I noticed Fangio was playing lots of zone and the CBs were clearly trained to jump routes ala Brock style. I think between that and the fact that we have a rotation of Lemons, Lynch, Brooks, and Tank we will be able to create pressure and get turnovers. It wont be the same though. Teams are going to score a couple of TDs a game. We wont be shutting anybody out just because the nature of this defense will be built on creating TOs to put the ball back into the offenses hand. Until Bow, Aldon, and Dorsey come back we're going to have to take those chances. The offense is going to have to take advantage of those turnovers and push the ball down the field with the passing game.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Score a s**t ton of points cuz our D is gonna stuggle most of the year.
That offensive genius we hired 3 years ago better show up this year.
Tank and Dial will emerge quite nicely this year. A lot of young talent coming up in the front seven.
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
Tank and Dial will emerge quite nicely this year. A lot of young talent coming up in the front seven.

our D is deffinetly getting an influx of youth this season
The only issue I see on the offence is C. Kaep. If he is competely more accurate and becomes a deep threat QB then we'll be fine until the Defence full throttle starters after week 10.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
In the NFL everyone is replaceable.

Truth.
I think we need to go back to the pistol and read options
Does anyone think it would mess with our offensive strategy too much to pass to set up the run, as opposed to running first and second down? Not only would it catch defenses totally off guard, but it would get our receivers into the flow of the game, and loosen up defenses. By then, we should be able to go back to our bread and butter which is the run game. By the time we get back to pounding the ball, we should have some touchdowns on the board and teams should fear putting more than 6 or 7 guys in the box.

Yea now that RayMac is gone we definitely should blow up everything and try something new, CMON MAN! This has to be the worst idea ever.

The offense has to score as many points as possible regardless of who we lose on defense! Kaep has weapons of mass destruction this year, we will not be denied!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Yea now that RayMac is gone we definitely should blow up everything and try something new, CMON MAN! This has to be the worst idea ever.

The offense has to score as many points as possible regardless of who we lose on defense! Kaep has weapons of mass destruction this year, we will not be denied!

I'm not sure if you were addressing me, but my post has nothing to do with potentially losing Ray Mac. It's about Greg Roman getting his head out of his a-- and using the passing game effectively. We could be at full strength on defense and I still think it might be in our best interests to utilize the passing game more. You don't think its kind of asinine to have Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, and Lloyd (I'm assuming Patton is inactive) along with Vernon Davis and for Greg Roman to still pound Gore (and Hyde) into 8 man fronts? I think that would be the worst idea ever.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Scoring touchdowns instead of field goals? Would that be a decent strategy change?

No, because Dawson needs to feel like he's part of the team, just not the same if he's kicking a bunch of XPs.
Cut him, then we will be force to go for it on 4th down on the opposing teams side of the field
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by verb1der:

I'm not sure if you were addressing me, but my post has nothing to do with potentially losing Ray Mac. It's about Greg Roman getting his head out of his a-- and using the passing game effectively. We could be at full strength on defense and I still think it might be in our best interests to utilize the passing game more. You don't think its kind of asinine to have Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Ellington, and Lloyd (I'm assuming Patton is inactive) along with Vernon Davis and for Greg Roman to still pound Gore (and Hyde) into 8 man fronts? I think that would be the worst idea ever.

I wasn't addressing you specifically, I just don't think it's smart to change any strategy because one defensive guy is out.

Imo, the strategy will remain the same as it does every year and that is to create a game plan based on attacking the opposing defenses weakness. However, the difference this year is our passing attack is probably the strongest its ever been! So if you're the opposing defensive coordinator trying to go to sleep at night, you're going to end up having nightmares thinking about how the 49ers will attack you.

This imo, is what separates the 49ers offense from all the other teams, we're going to be the most balanced offense in all of football both lethal in running and passing. Mark my words.
dbl post.
[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone