LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Who is MORE Important to the 49ers Future Success?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is MORE Important to the 49ers Future Success?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm sure if JH wanted out - Jed/FO would let him go; especially if JH made it public.

Certainly not his style. He's too classy for that and he certainly wouldn't do the media any favors for the way they have witch-hunted him. It's been a long time since I've seen a witch hunt like this esp. from our OWN media. It's scary and I'm sure a distraction. Then again, he's got our team exactly where he wants them...us against the world!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Coach I heard was the first one who wanted Reid, he recruited him heavily in high school but couldn't get him to go to Stanford. He was also responsible for Kap and when it comes to Aldon, everyone and their mother knew we were going for a pass rusher in that draft. I think they both wanted a Elephant type backer. I'm not saying Baalke's not doing good work, but he's not a coach.

You're missing the point. Baalke is the ONE who had to make those picks and weed out the best players for this team THROUGH all the scouting and personal player-crushes by scouts and coaches.

Still too much credit being given to Baalke, he has scouts, coaches input, so he's really making decisions collectively. Smartest thing he did was hire coach which was another no brainer.
Im bumping this thread, because I think last nights game exposed Baalke. I do not expect all of our back ups to be all pros, but I would like to think, they aren't an embarrassment. I would like to think our reserves were great young players who are pushing our all pros for playing time. At least thats how it should be with an elite GM.
With a plethora draft picks, free agents, and trades, Baalke has built a great starting line up, but a mediocre to poor assemblage of reserves. I think he is better than average, but replaceable. Harbuagh on the other hand in my mind an elite level coach.
Originally posted by susweel:
Easily Harbaugh, baalke is just mediocre.

Baalke has had some perdestrian drafts
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Im bumping this thread, because I think last nights game exposed Baalke. I do not expect all of our back ups to be all pros, but I would like to think, they aren't an embarrassment. I would like to think our reserves were great young players who are pushing our all pros for playing time. At least thats how it should be with an elite GM.
With a plethora draft picks, free agents, and trades, Baalke has built a great starting line up, but a mediocre to poor assemblage of reserves. I think he is better than average, but replaceable. Harbuagh on the other hand in my mind an elite level coach.

This is almost amusing; a little funny and a lot sad.

So far the trouncing we received from Denver has "exposed:"

1. Fangio
2. Kaepernick
3. Roman
4. Crabtree
5. V. Davis
6. the offensive line
7. Baalke

So far this season those listed above are 0-3.

Jim Harbaugh, thank the football gods that we have him, is 4-0.
Bump
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Bump

The poll no longer serves a purpose. 4 months ago most would have taken Harbaugh in a heartbeat. 2014 has shown he is unwilling to evolve or adjust. Time to go Jim.
Would be nice to have Jim Harbaugh as figure head HC, but he has to relinquish control of the offense to a competent OC.
As madden said it's easier to find a suit then it is to find a coach.
[ Edited by ninerfan818 on Dec 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone