There are 176 users in the forums

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People will start calming down when we beat the Cowgirls by 21.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I am so sick of the sky is falling threads. Can we just make 1 sky is falling thread and combine the other 36 sky is falling threads, so all the people who wanna cry before the season has been kicked off can cry together in one place?

quit crying about the cry baby threads

I don't recall so many off season criminal incidents during the dynasty years. I think something is deeply off in the 49er front office. Where is Dr Edwards in screening off troublesome players and preventing these incidents before they happen? In the dynasty years, they took chances on troubled players but somehow those troubled players didn't affect the team as they are doing now.
The 49ers in 2014 will take a step back defensively until everyone is healthy, assuming everyone else stays healthy and out of trouble.

The 49ers in 2014 will take a step forward offensively, thanks to more 3-5 WR sets and Carlos Hyde. Colin Kaepernick will progress as a quarterback.

The 49ers in 2014 will struggle a tad early on in the season. They will then come on later in the season.

The 49ers in 2014 will make the playoffs, but will not win the division.

After that, anything is possible. The core of this team is still strong. I'm not worried, but I expect some more losses this year.

10-6
the defense will get score on a lot this year. more than years prior. If the offense and company can't carry the team when the defense can't, we're in big trouble.

Crabtree
Boldin
Stevie J.
Lloyd

SO MUCH RECEIVER DEPTH! If we falter I blame the coaching staff
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
People will start calming down when we beat the Cowgirls by 21.

I'm not sure we'll know what sort of play our team is producing till the week 8 bye.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The 49ers in 2014 will take a step back defensively until everyone is healthy, assuming everyone else stays healthy and out of trouble.

The 49ers in 2014 will take a step forward offensively, thanks to more 3-5 WR sets and Carlos Hyde. Colin Kaepernick will progress as a quarterback.

The 49ers in 2014 will struggle a tad early on in the season. They will then come on later in the season.

After that, anything is possible. The core of this team is still strong. I'm not worried, but I expect some more losses this year.

10-6
If we can go 6-1 into the bye I'm a happy camper. We'll probably go 5-2. I wont be happy with 4-3.
This will be fun to look back on when we hoist the Lombardi. Like the SF Giants winning in 2010...the torture year. Sometimes it's just in the stars.
We're going to stumble our way to a Super Bowl ala the Ravens two seasons ago
All we have to do is make the playoffs. Aldon will be back by that point and Bowman will hopefully be healthy & back in game shape. I'm pissed at Ray Mac for a lot of reasons, but we have promising backups there. I think Baalke realized early on the D wasn't going to carry the team this year, which is why he made sure we got plenty of veteran WR's on offense.

We're going to struggle more than last year, but no one will care if we get hot at the end of the year.
Guys , we have a good a chance to win it all as anyone else does , I mean it's not like we are totally inept on the football field , it's not like we have a mediocre coaching staff . A lot of things have to happen , calls , ball bounce , injuries and things can happen to the Hawks or the Packers or the Saints or anyone of the top 10 teams that have the coaching and players to go to the big dance. Let's stand behind our team every time they play and see what happens . Maybe some of these new players will surprise us and we will maybe kick some ass. Some of you guys act like Kap is out for the year and we only have Gabbert.....look at the Rams , it could be worse. This does not mean I am happy with Bowman out and the other players like maybe Big Mac being suspended for popping his ol" lady but let's see how we look at Dallas before we drop the hammer.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I am so sick of the sky is falling threads. Can we just make 1 sky is falling thread and combine the other 36 sky is falling threads, so all the people who wanna cry before the season has been kicked off can cry together in one place?

quit crying about the cry baby threads

I don't recall so many off season criminal incidents during the dynasty years. I think something is deeply off in the 49er front office. Where is Dr Edwards in screening off troublesome players and preventing these incidents before they happen? In the dynasty years, they took chances on troubled players but somehow those troubled players didn't affect the team as they are doing now.

Originally posted by Giedi:

Yes. I've never seen such a tumultuous start either. Not saying the sky is coming down Jim. Just unheard of or unseen to thus level of disarray. Perhaps after Eddies departure was the last big shock we have had that I can recollect. It will indeed be an interesting year. And it really can't start soon enough.
Other than the draft it's been a disheartening offseason.

10-6

Originally posted by defenderDX:
the defense will get score on a lot this year. more than years prior. If the offense and company can't carry the team when the defense can't, we're in big trouble.

Crabtree
Boldin
Stevie J.
Lloyd

Unfortunately (for these opinions is that) our identity is still as a run-FIRST team. I agree with Nick that our D will take a step back, especially with Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey, and RayMac missing time + the inexperience of our 1st-round nickle. I DO believe also, though, that our offense will lack 100% conviction of its identity throughout the first, say, 6-8 games of the season. Feeding Crabs and Boldin is one thing, but trying then to implement Stevie J. and Ellington into the gameplan is going to leave our offense anemic, "scattered", and unsure of itself early on. Hopefully we can find a comfortable medium as early as possible.
If you've given up on this team with all the talent we have then GTFO and go cheer for the Seahawks
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shanghai69er:

10-6

Originally posted by defenderDX:

Crabtree
Boldin
Stevie J.
Lloyd

Unfortunately (for these opinions is that) our identity is still as a run-FIRST team. I agree with Nick that our D will take a step back, especially with Bowman, Aldon, Dorsey, and RayMac missing time + the inexperience of our 1st-round nickle. I DO believe also, though, that our offense will lack 100% conviction of its identity throughout the first, say, 6-8 games of the season. Feeding Crabs and Boldin is one thing, but trying then to implement Stevie J. and Ellington into the gameplan is going to leave our offense anemic, "scattered", and unsure of itself early on. Hopefully we can find a comfortable medium as early as possible.

Yeah that's how I'm reading the tea leaves too. I hope I'm dead wrong though.
Share 49ersWebzone