LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

**Niners 2014 Practice Squad** (Updated, 1st page)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I agree, most of his fame is of hype here on the Zone, even though he deserves some of it. Hype here doesn't translate into him making another team's 53.

This. Tons of RB's got cut today. Winston is among the least accomplished of the ones that I saw, plus he's older(25). I feel pretty good about him making it to the PS.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. Tons of RB's got cut today. Winston is among the least accomplished of the ones that I saw, plus he's older(25). I feel pretty good about him making it to the PS.

It would be 1 thing to clear waivers and then we would get him for next year. Problem is anyone on the PS can be signed at any time during the season and unless they decline to go to a 53 man roster to stay with our PS they are gone. Odds are it will happen the first time around through waivers but teams still pick up guys later in the season.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
It would be 1 thing to clear waivers and then we would get him for next year. Problem is anyone on the PS can be signed at any time during the season and unless they decline to go to a 53 man roster to stay with our PS they are gone. Odds are it will happen the first time around through waivers but teams still pick up guys later in the season.

Which is always true but the later on you get in the season, the more likely a team is to look towards a veteran player and not an unproven rookie. I think there are certain guys on this roster that other teams are interested in and will wait to see if the 49ers try and pass them on to the PS later on in the season when Aldon and Bowman et al get back.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM ]
I don't see Purcell as being worth a PS spot.
Which is always true but the later on you get in the season, the more likely a team is to look towards a veteran player and not an unproven rookie. I think there are certain guys on this roster that other teams are interested in and will wait to see if the 49ers try and pass them on to the PS later on in the season when Aldon and Bowman et al get back.

True, usually it's vet guys getting signed in the middle of the year but I just mean they aren't out of the woods if they clear waivers now.

And I did update my post Morris is eligible under the new rule, it allows 2 players that werent previous eligible under the old rules to be eligible.
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/22/6647061/which-49ers-are-eligible-for-the.html#storylink=cpy

I really wish the NFL would simply things and not make new rules or change rules every year. They make everything so complicated.

And yeah there will be more tough cuts as some of these guys come back: Boone, Bowman, Smith, Dorsey, Celek, Ramsey... could lose Wilhoite or Moody, Farrell, possibly Carrier, TJE or Dobbs, etc
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Really hoping Chase Thomas makes it on there, I think this dude is a baller just has to get stronger and a little more experience
Originally posted by Tman:
Really hoping Chase Thomas makes it on there, I think this dude is a baller just has to get stronger and a little more experience

Agree. He's a natural pass-rusher. I could see a 3-4 team needing LB depth picking him up, but I hope he makes it to the PS.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

True, usually it's vet guys getting signed in the middle of the year but I just mean they aren't out of the woods if they clear waivers now.

And I did update my post Morris is eligible under the new rule, it allows 2 players that werent previous eligible under the old rules to be eligible.
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/22/6647061/which-49ers-are-eligible-for-the.html#storylink=cpy

I really wish the NFL would simply things and not make new rules or change rules every year. They make everything so complicated.

And yeah there will be more tough cuts as some of these guys come back: Boone, Bowman, Smith, Dorsey, Celek, Ramsey... could lose Wilhoite or Moody, Farrell, possibly Carrier, TJE or Dobbs, etc

I don't see those guys coming back unless Carrier is totally underwhelming. I think Wilhoite is safe until we know Bowman is all the way back.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree. He's a natural pass-rusher. I could see a 3-4 team needing LB depth picking him up, but I hope he makes it to the PS.

Word was 'Zona is going after both him and Skov, no?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i bet the cowboys go after skov

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Like to see Okoye on the PS
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
Like to see Okoye on the PS

Me too.
Practice Squad (10)
QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson
LT Carter Bykowski
G Al Netter
RB Glenn Winston
DE Lawrence Okoye
NT Mike Purcell
OLB Chase Thomas
ILB Shayne Skov
S D.J. Campbell
P Colton Schmidt

*Seymour and Morris added to the 53 soon. If not, Seymour is added to this list replacing G Al Netter and Morris, replacing LT Carter Bykowski or ILB Shayne Skov.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 30, 2014 at 10:59 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
cut dahl; sign ed reynolds
Originally posted by NCommand:
Practice Squad (10)
LT Carter Bykowski
G Al Netter
RB Glenn Winston
DE Lawrence Okoye
NT Mike Purcell
OLB Chase Thomas
ILB Shayne Skov
S D.J. Campbell
P Colton Schmidt

*Seymour and Morris added to the 53 soon. If not, Seymour is added to this list replacing G Al Netter and Morris, replacing LT Carter Bykowski or ILB Shayne Skov.

Since the Cardinals are looking at Skov and Thomas and the Bills signed Schmidt, I'll say the PS is this:

LT Carter Bykowski
G Al Netter
RB Glenn Winston
DE Lawrence Okoye
NT Mike Purcell
OG Seymour
S D.J. Campbell
CB Morris
WR Lance Lewis
Share 49ersWebzone