There are 161 users in the forums

**Niners 2014 Practice Squad** (Updated, 1st page)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guys Officially claimed on 49ers squad: (According to Matt Maiocco, Matt Barrows, and Eric Branch)

- TE Asante Cleveland?
- LB Shane Skov
- DL Lawrence Okoye
- OT Carter Bykowski
- OLB Chase Thomas
- DT Mike Purcell
- OT John Fullington (GB)
- WR Lance Lewis
- RB Kendal Gaskins (NYG)
- CB Chance Casey (OAK)
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Sep 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM ]
Man, some of those I would like to see make the 53.
need to see who gets cut first
I would put Okoye and Skov over Bykowski and Lewis/Cleveland.

Acker might not make PS if we cut him.
Originally posted by nannite:

Okoye has barely done anything.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Man, some of those I would like to see make the 53.

yeah but we have so much depth on this team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Winston will be claimed right off the bat.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by nannite:

Okoye has barely done anything.

Disagree. He can bull rush like an NFL pro if nothing else. I think he gets one more year to prove he can be a real player.

The other guys I mentioned have done even less, even including what happened in the Houston game.
Originally posted by Rascal:

Doubt it...he has played in 2 preseason games and I feel like every team has a young no-name RB that runs hard (and there fan base claims he is the next AP lol) He hasn't shown enough to make it on another teams 53 man roster.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Rascal:

Doubt it...he has played in 2 preseason games and I feel like every team has a young no-name RB that runs hard (and there fan base claims he is the next AP lol) He hasn't shown enough to make it on another teams 53 man roster.

I agree, most of his fame is of hype here on the Zone, even though he deserves some of it. Hype here doesn't translate into him making another team's 53.

Hmmmm...
My Top Priority:
OG Seymour
RB Winston
CB Morris

Other than that don't really care but some options (although I'm sure half will be signed away):
LB Skov
LB Thomas
DT Purcell
WR Lewis and/or WR Washington
OT Bykowski
TE Cleveland

Don't believe Morris is PS eligible, who knows maybe we re-sign him after Dorsey is put on the IR in 3 days.

Edit: He is eligible under the new rule, it allows 2 players that werent previous eligible under the old rules to be eligible.
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/22/6647061/which-49ers-are-eligible-for-the.html#storylink=cpy
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM ]
Wait so Darryl Morris isn't practice squad eligible? He has potential and amazing speed
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Wait so Darryl Morris isn't practice squad eligible? He has potential and amazing speed

I believe the cutoff was 6 games to accrue an nfl season and not be eligible for the PS anymore. It says Morris was with us 13 so he is over. However, the new rule this year allows you to put 2 players on that wouldn't be eligible before. Morris is listed under one that qualify. So old rule he wouldnt but new rule he can be one of 2 guys that didnt fit the old rule. so he can be
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

He could be very well brought back if nobody else signs him, Dorsey still has to go on the IR.
Share 49ersWebzone