There are 294 users in the forums

2014 Roster cut down part two-75 to 53

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This team is so deep it has to be hard to make these final cuts. I don't envy the staff today and/or tomorrow. Or the guys who get released. Hopefully most or all will make some team or come back to our practice squad.
It's going to be depressing seeing guys like Dahl, Snyder, Spillman etc make the team in lieu of some promising young players.
Originally posted by theduke85:
It's going to be depressing seeing guys like Dahl, Snyder, Spillman etc make the team in lieu of some promising young players.

McCray has outplayed Dahl and Spillman. There is no reason I can think of to keep them over him.

Just get over it. Once you accept you have no idea what you're talking about the cuts get much easier. Fans hate players in which they know their ceiling. The young unknown guy who is "promising" is always going to be a fan favorite. Having players who know assignments and are dependable though are what coaches are looking for.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

McCray has outplayed Dahl and Spillman. There is no reason I can think of to keep them over him.

Exactly! it's annoying.

Josh Johnson out played Gabbert but I have a feeling we'll keep gabbert over Johnson.
I have a bad feeling Acker isn't going to make it.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Morris and Johnson have made more plays than him
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for theduke85.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Just get over it. Once you accept you have no idea what you're talking about the cuts get much easier. Fans hate players in which they know their ceiling. The young unknown guy who is "promising" is always going to be a fan favorite. Having players who know assignments and are dependable though are what coaches are looking for.
This is blasphemous, all of it! LJ McCray is our lord and savior, and if he doesn't make the team there will be hell to pay!

Wet blanket!

Of course no one knows like the coaches that see them day in and day out. But that is patronizing to say that fans have no idea what they are talking about. We all have eyes, and some knowledge of the game. And the frustrating part is knowing it is not just talent that will weigh in to the final decision ... but money, or loyalties to certain players. You have to look no further than last year to see that this staff and FO made a bad cut down decision ... Asomugha over Marcus Cooper.

And how does Dahl do any of those?? He has constantly been off his assignments and hasn't been dependable. The only reason he makes the team is because of ST and that fact that he started a couple games for the horrible rams.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Of course no one knows like the coaches that see them day in and day out. But that is patronizing to say that fans have no idea what they are talking about. We all have eyes, and some knowledge of the game. And the frustrating part is knowing it is not just talent that will weigh in to the final decision ... but money, or loyalties to certain players. You have to look no further than last year to see that this staff and FO made a bad cut down decision ... Asomugha over Marcus Cooper.

Call it patronizing or whatever you want but when it comes to the bottom of the roster the Fans don't know what they are talking about. For every Marcus cooper there are 50 guys fans cried about getting cut to never be heard of again.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

Exactly! it's annoying.

Josh Johnson out played Gabbert but I have a feeling we'll keep gabbert over Johnson.

There are 2 million reason why this will happen
Originally posted by NYniner85:
And how does Dahl do any of those?? He has constantly been off his assignments and hasn't been dependable. The only reason he makes the team is because of ST and that fact that he started a couple games for the horrible rams.

The only reason Dahl makes the team is because he's better/more likely to help the team then the guy behind him.
Share 49ersWebzone