LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

the 49ers mad-stupid, crazy-good rookies

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
we need a thread to gush over the rookies.
i mean--this is nuts; we have 7 rookies who have already shown enough that we can safely extrapolate that they can be good-to-very-good starters in the near future:
ward
hyde
martin
borland
ellington
johnson
lynch ...crazy. dare i say, that depth of quality out does 1986.

this doesn't even include brandon thomas, who is basically a lock to be a good lineman. and acker is looking like decent team-depth material, who can be something more if all goes well.
and winston--geez, i got visions of arian foster watching that guy. if he proves to be a player, that's just redonkulous.
i'll go ahead and throw trey millard in there because it's obvious he's got the goods for his position, also.

so, yeah, look at that list of 7 guys who are ballin'. crazy. ...and i'm crazy happy. they're our future.

whatcha think?
This is a ridiculously good draft class. We've had some great drafts recently, most notably '07, '10, and '11.

I don't know that there is a Willis, Bowman, Aldon, or Kap type of elite talent among this group, but it might be the deepest. Time will tell, but just look at all these names. They are ALL sending out positive vibes and appear to be the real deal, and like xcfan mentioned, we haven't even gotten to the guys that are stashed for next year.

I've said it before, the 49ers are lapping the competition in the player acquisition department. No team has this depth, not even Seattle. No team has a brighter future than this one. It's just a matter of winning that elusive trophy.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM ]
Definitely looking like this could be Trent's best draft yet, but not surprising at all if you follow college football as he literally took what was the consensus top prospect of every position he picked until the later rounds.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Aug 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM ]
Not to mention Reaser who could be a steal. Shoot just the fact that his cousin is Sean Taylor makes me like him
And don't forget Trey Millard, either.
baalke dun f**ked up again
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Not to mention Reaser who could be a steal. Shoot just the fact that his cousin is Sean Taylor makes me like him

I seriously think Reaser is going to be awesome when he comes back healthy. He has a huge chip on his shoulder
This organization knows how to evaluate defensive backs. I hope they start keeping them.
Hopefully this can make up for 2012, which other than Joe Looney (who is still somewhat of an unknown given his lack of starts IMO) was a complete and total bust. The jury is still out on the 2013 class given all the redshirts, but still looks good. Yeah, 2014 is looking like a great draft based on what we've seen so far, but we've only seen preseason and reports of practice. I say at least give it 8 games to see what some of these guys do in games that count, starting with how much they actually play and then going from there. But yes, definitely so far so good. Some of our guys are getting up there, this draft needed to be a good one to keep the window open next year and beyond.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
And don't forget Trey Millard, either.
MILLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A playmaking hybrid HB/FB/TE.... what more could we ask for??

"Drop-the-mic"draft!
Then of course there is Lattimore, Carradine, Okoye, and Dial, that we are waiting to see if they will fulfill their potential.
Yeah, f**k the haters
I remember when Manny Lawson was our ONLY hope at OLB pass rush.

Now we've got Brooks, Aldon, Skuta, Lemonier AND Lynch.

Its still early, but Lynch clearly has shown the physical tools and mind set to be a factor.
Borland is becoming a favorite--on special teams!

He's like a little heat seeking missile and hits like a truck.

ST coverage is gonna be more fun to watch this year.
Share 49ersWebzone