There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's up with our Defense???

This is the 2nd game in a row that we gave up a TD on that "TE seam" route.. can we not cover this play??

Last wee, it was a miss-communication between Dahl and Borland, against Manning. Then yesterday, San Diego just ran the same play on the other side (right side) to Antonio Freeman and the result was the same..

Can we not cover this play?? it reminds me of the Seattle's "TE Dragg" that used on us 2x and both were resulted by a long gain..

"What the hell is going on around here????!!!??? "
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
what is up with all of these "whats up with our team" jesus people and some think i over react around here. maybe the reason we gave up the same play is because a guy who i stood up for dahl is not very good, if so he will be cut and that is that. jesus people times two
We suck
Our defense is going to be pretty average this year that's what's up!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:
We suck

i have to come that conclusion today. i thought it would be better after we got a little win yesterday but i guess not. most of the fans around here sound like niner bashing guys like collinsworth, aikman, buck. really did not expect the group slashing of the wrists around here today. i guess if we went 4-0 to start pre season and 0-5 to start the year like we did in 2010, everyone would be happy?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:

hoe in the world can you possibly come to that conclusion when the first string defense has not been on the field together at all here in the pre season and if they were yesterday it was for about 60 seconds. this is just nuts. we have now determined we are going to be average on defense based on three pre season games. good lord. its like you are buying into the wishes of the media like buck, aikman, collinsworth, etc. we have more than enough depth to take up any slack caused by bowmans and smiths loss,, and we,,,,,,, oh just never f**king mind
Originally posted by cciowa:

hoe in the world can you possibly come to that conclusion when the first string defense has not been on the field together at all here in the pre season and if they were yesterday it was for about 60 seconds. this is just nuts. we have now determined we are going to be average on defense based on three pre season games. good lord. its like you are buying into the wishes of the media like buck, aikman, collinsworth, etc. we have more than enough depth to take up any slack caused by bowmans and smiths loss,, and we,,,,,,, oh just never f**king mind

Stop trying to downplay it. We lost our best middle linebacker, Donte Whitner who was a leader back there, and our secondary is far from gelling. Manning and Rivers picked us apart with their eyes closed and they did not even have to game plan anything.
again, tho it doesnt' count, the pre season matters somehow to some fans.. it matters because we don't like seeing trouble or weaknesses.. that's the same reason why we watch the preseason, so that we all can see what the weaknesses are, and hope to find players around the league that can make our team better..

Plus, it would be different if our starters comes off the field after a good showing, but they too have been struggling.. had we been playing no one but the 2nd stringers and the younger players, you wouldnt see much "what's up" in here...
Originally posted by 9moon:
again, tho it doesnt' count, the pre season matters somehow to some fans.. it matters because we don't like seeing trouble or weaknesses.. that's the same reason why we watch the preseason, so that we all can see what the weaknesses are, and hope to find players around the league that can make our team better..

Plus, it would be different if our starters comes off the field after a good showing, but they too have been struggling.. had we been playing no one but the 2nd stringers and the younger players, you wouldnt see much "what's up" in here...

It also has a lot to do with our arch nemesis Seattle Seahawks and how they're blowing up everyone placed in front of them. Their fans are riding on cloud nine and while we're trying to figure out what's up with our defense, offense and even stadium!
The TD versus DEN was a blown coverage. That is what happens when pattern matching goes wrong. Numerous 3rd down conversions have been a result of bad coverage due to this. The TD versus SD was Dahl being Dahl.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Stop trying to downplay it. We lost our best middle linebacker, Donte Whitner who was a leader back there, and our secondary is far from gelling. Manning and Rivers picked us apart with their eyes closed and they did not even have to game plan anything.
whitner was a liability and took over goldsons role of drive extending penalties for the other team. we are set and will be good in regards to the safety spot. in regards to the corners,,, were you really happy with their play last year? it can not be worse and will probably be better. in the short term we can survive bowman , now I know everyone has blown goats for the northwestern railroad in pre season but if you can get past that,, our linebackers have done a good job and have a good track record. michael w did the job last year and we got a couple of kids and skuta who can make up for his loss for however long he misses. you can say i am down playing it,, i say some of you are just blowing s**t way out of proportion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It also has a lot to do with our arch nemesis Seattle Seahawks and how they're blowing up everyone placed in front of them. Their fans are riding on cloud nine and while we're trying to figure out what's up with our defense, offense and even stadium!

well that is your problem right there,, some are just way to worried about what other teams are doing, what other fans are saying and what the media is saying about us. sheesh. we will get it all figured out, i am not sure what is broken but whatever is,, it will be figured out. the sod on the stupid field is another issue

whitner was a liability and took over goldsons role of drive extending penalties for the other team. we are set and will be good in regards to the safety spot. in regards to the corners,,, were you really happy with their play last year? it can not be worse and will probably be better. in the short term we can survive bowman , now I know everyone has blown goats for the northwestern railroad in pre season but if you can get past that,, our linebackers have done a good job and have a good track record. michael w did the job last year and we got a couple of kids and skuta who can make up for his loss for however long he misses. you can say i am down playing it,, i say some of you are just blowing s**t way out of proportion

Even if I wasn't happy with their play last year, we were still an elite team that came so close to the Superbowl! There's no such thing as a perfect defense anyway, I hope that's not what you're expecting...

I don't understand how you can just take away two great leaders in Whitner and Bowman and replace them with Whilhoite and Bethea and Dahl and think everything is find and dandy!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Even if I wasn't happy with their play last year, we were still an elite team that came so close to the Superbowl! There's no such thing as a perfect defense anyway, I hope that's not what you're expecting...

I don't understand how you can just take away two great leaders in Whitner and Bowman and replace them with Whilhoite and Bethea and Dahl and think everything is find and dandy!

first off, i am off the dahl bandwagon, bethea is everything whitner is except for drive extending penalties. when michael w came and did the job last year that showed me he can be a player for us if need be. we have many other leaders on defense like justin who can take that role plus reid is a year older and smarter and is more of a leader this year. losing bowman and smith are problems but problems are meant to be solved. i think we have shown that we can do that with other players. the key is short term. if both were to be gone for the entire year then we have a different conversation and i would see cause for worry. right now,, no i just do not see all this gloom and doom and "whats up" with our team today
Whitner great leader?