LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 150 users in the forums

Preseason Week 3 - 2014: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bruce Ellington will be a 49'er favorite by the end of the season. Lots of clutch plays, amazing catches, lots of yards, and lots of TD's. Additionally, he is a hard-working, down-to-earth guy who will only get better with reps. Excellent acquisition that will make the other teams kick their own arses for over-looking this young man.
Can't wait for the regular season. He will take (at least) one return to the bank this season. Book it! :)

No bar fights for this guy either. Graduated with a Sociology degree in 3 years while playing, and excelling, at two Div. I sports at the same time. You guys got a good one!!

Here's to praying he stays healthy!
I gotta eat some crow for sh@t talking J.Martin. He's much better now and can't ask for much more when it comes to a backup
I'm impressed with Tank's play, I think he's ready to start somewhere, sometime. He may not be one of these guys who will get 15 sacks, but I can see him getting close to 10 while being excellent against the run. Not impressed with Cully, looks to be a step behind a lot. Same with Wilhoite, seems to be on the verge of blowing a play up but does'nt quite get there. Borland gets manhandled at times, but looks like a star special teams player. Hyde and Ward look legit, Vance needs to be on the field more. And Kap, well if I say what think everyone will get pissed at me. I'll give him the benefit of doubt though since we haven't really blocked well for him and he's more of a game player then of a practice player. He's got to stand in there a deliver with more accuracy , it's the key to our future. Not too concerned with Iupati, I see him getting beat as more of a mental error. One thing that kind of stood out is not having Bowman, it's like going from great to just really good. Overall though , I mean there wasn't much to get excited about, Rivers was 9 for 10 with a TD and Kap didn't do s**t, but I try to remember our secret weapon #21 isn't involved yet so I'm not too concerned.
Yeah our D looked like our D alright.. holding strong and covering up for Kap. He really needs to shorten that throwing motion and get the ball out faster or we will continue to see him get stripped and tipped. At the game you could just see his big eyes starring down his primary receiver then winding up like lincicum before delivering the ball. It was like the whole stadium knew where the ball was headed nearly every play
Yeah our D looked like our D alright.. holding strong and covering up for Kap. He really needs to shorten that throwing motion and get the ball out faster or we will continue to see him get stripped and tipped. At the game you could just see his big eyes starring down his primary receiver then winding up like lincicum before delivering the ball. It was like the whole stadium knew where the ball was headed nearly every play
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

Yea sure. Its preseason too
Yea I totally agree. I wish he was more like Gabbert. Gabbert displayed an awesome talent that most starting QBs in the league can only dream of. He actually threw the ball to the reciever without even looking where the reciever was. Granted the ball ended up in the dirt behind Patton, that's far better than Kap... Right?

Or we could always trade for Bradford because Bradford is championships the winner.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
How can you not like Ellington?

Sigh...

"I like him, don't get me wrong"

Was that not clear enough?
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I gotta eat some crow for sh@t talking J.Martin. He's much better now and can't ask for much more when it comes to a backup

agreed, he's come out and flat out impressed in Anthony's absence.

Yeah, don't criticize Kap as anything less than superhuman. Webzone homers interpret it to mean you think he should be cut from the team or worse. They are enforcers of the company line that Kap has no flaw.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

agreed, he's come out and flat out impressed in Anthony's absence.

You're a good fan 49ers808! If only the rest of the haters and low-blow ignorant "fans" could be shipped over to the Hawks and Raiders forums and banned for life here, the world would be a better place. LOL
Force people to the Raider's forums? A friend in the CIA says they send terrorists there and they emerge broken and demoralized after a few days.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Force people to the Raider's forums? A friend in the CIA says they send terrorists there and they emerge broken and demoralized after a few days.

The Black Hole baby...it's the perfect witness protection program!
What's the line on Tank and Okoye? Did they progress?
Share 49ersWebzone