There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Roster cut down part one

Thought we could have a thread for our roster releases. I looked for one but could not find one.
Tomorrow at 4 PM eastern the teams have to cut to 75. They have until the 30th to get to 53. The first cuts are always the easiest. I dont expect a lot of surprises tomorrow, we could probably guess the cuts pretty easy. The final cuts is the hard part. Glad they opened it up to 10 PS spaces.
Cut Alex Boone

Selfish POS
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Tomorrow at 4 PM eastern the teams have to cut to 75. They have until the 30th to get to 53. The first cuts are always the easiest. I dont expect a lot of surprises tomorrow, we could probably guess the cuts pretty easy. The final cuts is the hard part. Glad they opened it up to 10 PS spaces.

10 PS players = 2 less players team can't poach from our depth of young developing talent thanks to Baalke's acquisitions over the years. Kudos NFL
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoForGold:
Thought we could have a thread for our roster releases. I looked for one but could not find one.

Good call, GoFor we don't have a thread on this.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Cut Alex Boone

Selfish POS

This

He's a diva
Good call, GoFor we don't have a thread on this.
Thanks. Once in awhile I do something right.
B Lloyd, at least you tried!
Harbaugh: We’ll make some transactions today (as I’ve been told)…So I guess we’ll see some moves soon
I think most of our moves will be guys to IR, PUP or IR designated to return along with a few cuts
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
10 PS players = 2 less players team can't poach from our depth of young developing talent thanks to Baalke's acquisitions over the years. Kudos NFL

No it doesn't. Not at all. Any player on a team's PS can be signed to another team's roster (but not their PS).
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think most of our moves will be guys to IR, PUP or IR designated to return along with a few cuts

Agreed, we seem to get those moves in on the first set of cuts so we have an extra game to look at some guys. And knowing the 49ers who aren't like some teams and do it within hours after the game we will likely wait until tomorrow afternoon to announce it so hang tight guys.

Guys that could be cut first though:
Mcleod Bethel-Thompson
Asante Cleveland or Kevin Greene
Jewel Hampton
Lance Lewis
Reed
Kyle Nelson
Al Netter
Michael Phillip
Tukuafu
Kion Wilson
Chase Thomas

Game 4 get more looks at: Winston, Wylie, Washington, use Schmidt to save Lee's leg/Nedney's on kick offs (hope this guy finds a job though), Mike Purcell who has improved and could go to PS, Skov likely PS, Alfonso Smith, Farrell/Seymour/Bykowski and the rest of the borderline guys
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM ]
have we cut okoye yet? dude is hot garbage.
Dahl must mean "Throw deep to the guy I'm three steps behind" in QB language. There must be better options available.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Cut Alex Boone

Selfish POS

This

He's a diva

Yeah, NO. At the very least he's worth a draft pick.

Moot point since he'll be back at some point. He's a good player and will help us win the SB.