There are 440 users in the forums

the 49ers sad sod

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
^
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 21, 2014 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its not about being cheap, its about the 49ers lame social pressure to be "green and energy efficient".

Everything in this stadium was designed to be ultra eco-friendly. Sometimes that results in trying to skate by with insufficient sod.

Then they should have gone with one of the synthetics, FieldTurf appears to be the best....no water and not nearly the resources required to maintain. I didn't think it was a good sign when multiple times I saw players literally replacing their divots on Sunday.

Hopefully this thing about the sand is correct and that's the end of the problem.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Who were the clowns in charge of putting in the wrong sand base? What a circus.

i love this team and our regime but i f**king swear to god , we just go around looking for drama and problems. how the f**k can this happen and why in the hell did it take them until ,, oh the eve of the god damn season to figure it out. this is not some glitch in the f**king hot dog cooker or cotten candy machine, this is not just some malfunction in the gushing mayo penis statue they erected in front of the stadium, this is something that just should not "happen"
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Its not about being cheap, its about the 49ers lame social pressure to be "green and energy efficient".

Everything in this stadium was designed to be ultra eco-friendly. Sometimes that results in trying to skate by with insufficient sod.

Good thing the idiot Earth worshipers didn't convince them to power the stadium with just wind and solar.

It is powered by solar....a 375kw array that they claim will provide enough power for all 10 home games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Then they should have gone with one of the synthetics, FieldTurf appears to be the best....no water and not nearly the resources required to maintain. I didn't think it was a good sign when multiple times I saw players literally replacing their divots on Sunday.

Hopefully this thing about the sand is correct and that's the end of the problem.

it almost took broken ankles to two of our wide outs to figure it out,, good lord
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

i love this team and our regime but i f**king swear to god , we just go around looking for drama and problems. how the f**k can this happen and why in the hell did it take them until ,, oh the eve of the god damn season to figure it out. this is not some glitch in the f**king hot dog cooker or cotten candy machine, this is not just some malfunction in the gushing mayo penis statue they erected in front of the stadium, this is something that just should not "happen"

I don't know what they're doing. They're killing me, cciowa.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for 16to87.
Day workers from the Home Depot parking lot would have had this done right from the get go. And cheaper Jed!
Why arent they using the recycled rubber fields again? Those things are like playing on pillows compared to standard bay area fields.

Maybe it is just a "sand issue", but I'm not going to be surprised if this ends up being a season-long problem.
Lol at the freak out over grass in a new stadium.

Why, exactly, does this reflect poorly on the organization? They got bad advice and/or implementation from an 'expert' consultant in whom they trusted. They just played their first game there and the problem has now revealed itself under real conditions.

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for DelCed2486.
Originally posted by Existence:

Why, exactly, does this reflect poorly on the organization? They got bad advice and/or implementation from an 'expert' consultant in whom they trusted. They just played their first game there and the problem has now revealed itself under real conditions.

At this point it's not a major issue and may get rectified in short order...but does it reflect well on the organization that just spent $1+ Billion on a stadium and are already having to replace the field?

I was there on Sunday, and while on TV you probably saw some guys slipping, I was watching players between plays replacing divots, and everyone around us was talking about it and how cruddy the field looked after just a couple qtrs of play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I don't know what they're doing. They're killing me, cciowa.
even i know that the water in your penis statue out front is supposed to come out in spurts and not a continuous gush like its doing now. is it to much to ask to get that and the god damn field fixed before the season begins please?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

when you make a investment like this,,,,, these types of major problems and when you are talking field issues that almost cause injury to players,, that is major..... should not happen. and it should not have taken this long to discover it.
Tim K. has more troll food for the niners.

It may not turn out to be a big deal but it is cause for reasonable concern that the field is literally falling apart, a potential injury risk for our players, so much so that they had to replace it and this even before the season starts. They spent over a billion dollars for this stadium, stuff like this just shouldn't happen. Inexcusable.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone