There are 213 users in the forums

the 49ers sad sod

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Soggy turf in Levis? sounds about right.
I know this is embedded in an article on the main page but here is video of the turf being replaced by a helicopter crew.
I hope no one gets hurt on new stuff Sunday!
The funny thing about all of this is that the grass on the roof is probably doing fine.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
ok, the sky is not falling but come on man. you make a huge investment like this, you are supposed to do the proper background on important things like this. god damn lucky our wide outs did not bust an ankle. ok I can understand you do a trial run and there will be little things to address but this? i hope they are not paying the people who put the bad stuff in there in the first place. so far our own stadium is working against us!! kickers having problems with the winds and now this. ooops i almost was turning into chicken little but really ,, for some reason this just pisses me off . i guess better to find out now than later but sounds like it almost cost us injuries to two of our wide outs. now if i find out they are selling coke products and not pepsi products,, i will come unglued
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

There's new sod going in right now at #49ers Levi's Stadium.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/levis-stadium-sod-torn-advance-sundays-game

If thats true, wont they have to wait to play on it before Sunday?
play at kezar
Buncha Kawakamis up in hur.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Buncha Kawakamis up in hur.

Well stated.
How is this supposed to be ready for the season? Wow.
This is all about money and bringing in revenue as soon as possible. This is all on York. You don't roll in sod in April during a drought and then have multiple events on the field before playing football games on it.

But Jed's gotta pay that $2 million per month house note and has to get the revenue right away.
So do you guys think this affects who we put out on the field on Sunday?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah, they might have to cancel the other events if they want this to be solidly ready for the home opener.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
So do you guys think this affects who we put out on the field on Sunday?

I wouldn't even put 3rd stringers in on this. We might have to hire some scabs. I'm willing to play DB on first downs only due to poor conditioning...actually, no conditioning. I can't run 30 yards without collapsing.

They can pay me with a jersey autographed by the entire 49ers team or something equal in value like a domestic beer from the concession stand.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Aug 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM ]
still time to put in the fake stuff
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc

More from #49ers turf company, from April installment: "You grab this grass & try to tear it – it's tough stuff. It doesn't pull apart."
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

of all the things,, i just can not believe this is happening. jesus. i can see this stuff taking place ten years ago when village idiots were running the team. and i really do not want to hear the phrase "things like this happen", no a overloaded outlet in the concession stand happens,, a glitch on the electronic scoreboard happens. major problems on the field which could lead to injuries for the players is not supposed to happen for f**ks sake
Share 49ersWebzone