There are 236 users in the forums

the 49ers sad sod

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

RT @mattbarrows: My colleague @sacbee_joed has learned that next week's high school games at Levi's Stadium are now off. #49ers

man could you imagine how disappointed these high school kids must be.

Have them play on the practice fields next door, and then give them a tour of the stadium after?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

RT @mattbarrows: My colleague @sacbee_joed has learned that next week's high school games at Levi's Stadium are now off. #49ers

The soccor match should be cancelled, too.
Originally posted by ubaisore:
wow.... there is a LOT of misinformation here. The sod was not cheap (read that early in the thread). This is a turf that has gone into many fields and has done well. The install was good as well. The biggest issue they had was the incorrect drainage they had before the sod went in. They had to get another type of sand brought in. This grass heals itself quickly and will be fine. They are still working out using it on such a regular basis (it was covered the day I took a tour).

The biggest improvement we will notice over candlestick is that it will drain when the rain comes and it wont be a slick surface like we got later in the year.. It usually takes a bit to get turf maintenance perfected at a new site. They will be using various fertilizers and watering to find the sweet spot. They put in a nice system that used sensors for moisture, ph and salinity. You just cant make overnight changes. Don't worry, it will be fine very soon...it is not a long term issue

I believe this to be the most accurate statement as to what actually occurred. My wrestling coach is the owner of Colony Landscape which is one of the leading landscaping companies in the Bay Area. He installed the Niners practice field a few years back and that field has held up just fine. He was supposed to do the stadium field as well but the company that did the installation had to be unionized thus he didn't get the job. Long story short, the company that did the installation I believe put in the wrong type of sand thus causing this problem. My coach even advised them that they were doing it wrong as they committed the error. Now I believe he is the one who is currently doing this quick fix to the field. He said it is only temporary and that once the season is done they will redo everything correctly.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

The soccor match should be cancelled, too.

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows
No. That's still a go.... @amcynic s the soccer game between Chile and Mexico off too?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No. That's still a go.... @amcynic s the soccer game between Chile and Mexico off too?

f**k.
This thread
I should also add that he did the Stanford football stadium field as well which has held up just fine. Fear not Niner fans, all will be right after this season lol.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe it will be ready for the playoffs.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Rescheduling high school games implies #49ers will rip of field that's going in now after Sunday's Chargers game and then start anew.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Maybe, they feel that a soccor game will do less damage than a football game?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Nah bruh just the money will be bigger than high school football game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, that game should be packed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by cciowa:
you were not worried when this incident almost hurt two of our wide outs?

Not really. Things didn't turn out as expected, and they're rectifying the situation. I don't have time to get worked up about these things. Everyone wants compelling narratives and people to blame and heads to roll, etc. The world is more indifferent than that in reality; people like to think they can control every miniscule detail, but, hey, sometimes something like sod doesn't grow/take hold like it's expected to. Move forward. Something didn't turn out as expected, and measures are being taken. Why get stressed out over that?

because it was not some jammed up condom machine in the mens room. it was a problem that should not f**king happen in a state of the art stadium and it should not have taken the team this long to figure it out ,,, and i am sorry but when i heard two of our wide outs came up gimpy it was a concern to me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Maybe it will be ready for the playoffs.

great we will get back the stadium and dorsey just in time for the playoffs. then we will f**king roll
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i bet concessions will be bigger for the high school game, those kids eat
Share 49ersWebzone