There are 182 users in the forums

the 49ers sad sod

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i was pretty shocked at how much the players were tearing up the turf sunday. the sod looked so dry and immature.
this really is a big problem, as the players will not have proper footing during upcoming games. and playing on it as it is, it's going to be torn up really badly.
this is a big fail in grounds engineering; someone really whiffed on this installation.
without traction, play becomes almost non-functional. it's literally unsafe. we might be in for a drastic redo, here. i don't know? not an easy fix.
Jed, "feed your lawn, feed it!"
like i said, they forgot to transplant a patch from candlestick for good luck...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Maybe it's not being able to water as much as needed because of the drought.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Maybe it's not being able to water as much as needed because of the drought.

+ all the "ice bucket challenges"...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
+ all the "ice bucket challenges"...

Yeah, all that wasted water, lol.
LVJay I'm here on a Thursday evening watching the jap women's volleyball team as I munch on soba, edamame & karaage... fookin' 'ell that still won't help to grow tha grass dat huge tiited girls teased me on Memorial Day!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
LVJay I'm here on a Thursday evening watching the jap women's volleyball team as I munch on soba, edamame & karaage... fookin' 'ell that still won't help to grow tha grass dat huge tiited girls teased me on Memorial Day!

omg! it's the japanese vs the turks...tis not gonna help altaic relations...please in the name of verdant grass, may jed defy his cheap father and install more resilient blades that won't turn 50 shades of guh-heyyyyyy? no mods, I meant gray
New Stadium comes with some new challenges. I am sure they will get it sorted.

we'll have to play at candlestick for another year
Not only are we team management experts, now we're landscaping experts as well...
working out the kinks in the new digs ....they will have it fixed quickly
when gettting SOD put in at your house, the landscape experts say to keep off it and dont cut it for a Month while giving it plenty of water.

Sod is not even a month old yet..i think ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
when gettting SOD put in at your house, the landscape experts say to keep off it and dont cut it for a Month while giving it plenty of water.

Sod is not even a month old yet..i think ?

Should stay off your sod longer than a month. Also it takes time to get the roots to take deep root in the soil. Normallly this is accomplished by giving the grass/sod the adequate amount of water per period time but drastically reducing the number of times watering... water longer and less often. That makes it so that the roots have to grow down to seek out the moisture. This process takes time and I think it was on bad planning/advice that it hasn't been given the time needed to accomplish.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I also think the laying of the sod was delayed weeks to a month?
Share 49ersWebzone