LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PS, Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I see Houston scored a couple of touchdowns on Denver. Good for them.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I see Houston scored a couple of touchdowns on Denver. Good for them.

Honestly I wouldn't care or be worried if we didn't score a TD all preseason. It would be nice though.
As long as the regular season is different of course.
all witness the glory of Gabbert today! He's gonna impress. Book it
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
all witness the glory of Gabbert today! He's gonna impress. Book it

sarcasm likely, but I do hope he shows us SOME semblance of a pro QB today.
  • thl408
I hope Bethea can play. That first string secondary (and nickel) needs more reps together to nail down coverage assignments. I want Philip Rivers to test this secondary.
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
You know I used to think like that, but then I said this is the nfl. U can't help what may happen. I just feel we need more work than one series. And we haven't even scored a td yet in our new stadium. Preseason or not. U don't get blown out at ur new home, come back next week, not score again, but say ok we"re ready. We aren't and other teams with more experienced offenses are playing at least the first half. We should be no different.

U can help what may happen...by keeping the starters from playing in a meaningless game.

These aren't young guys, scrubs or new teammates; this is an experienced team that has gone deep in the playoffs for three years in a row. We are simply different than other teams: we're not trying to implement a new system, train a new QB, bring in half a dozen new players etc.

We do however have a bunch of young backups that need to be integrated into the team, especially on defense. The main goal of the preseason is to get the young guys ready and figure out which ones can play because this year we are going to need them.

Our veterans know how to play and know the system, they have 16-20 real games left to play. Throw the young guys in the fire and see who can play.

If our young guys can't get pumped up after getting blown out at home, that will weigh on their evaluation. But it is meaningless to the starters.

I see where your coming from but call me selfish, but I'm not worrying too much about the backups. I was never a fan that clamored for the backups or depth chart. The starters is where I keep most of my focus.

We haven't arrived enough yet, regardless of what we did last year. This is a new year, new players vying for a starting spot, not on the depth chart.

And kaep is still growing. Even those that have arrived like Peyton, Bree's, Brady, s**t last night with the chiefs, both starting qb's played the entire first half.

Some fans feel that we can just turn it on at the drop of a dime and that's not the case in my opinion.

After boldin and crabs, who do we have.. If one of them go down not the 5th and 6th receiver, but is it Johnson, is it Floyd. Both fighting for the third wr slot.

How's the starting line blocking???? Is kaep able to go through all his reads. Has he gotten better at reading defenses? Changing plays at the line???? If no gore, can he put it through the air consistently and put the team on his back. If out main 2 wr"s are locked who is gonna be the third guy??? Or we gonna force it to crabs like the last 2 years...

All these things u work out in preseason or else why even have one. Around the league feels the same way. Our offense not defense is subject for discussion. Even the field...

I just want as many questions answered as possible. More with our starters than backups.

Like I said those that feel they shouldn't even take the field that's cool, but if preseason was only for backups, no proven vets would play...

Just sayin!!!!
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM ]
Grant Cohn reporting that new field appears just as crappy.
Grant Cohn ‏@grantcohn 36m
Boldin walked over to Colin Kaepernick and pointed to the divot. Kaepernick shook his head.

Anquan Boldin cut hard and almost fell. The grass gave out under his feet. Now there's a big divot
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Grant Cohn reporting that new field appears just as crappy.

I think we come out strong in this game and whoop that a$$.........then Gabbert comes in
Wonder who else sits today?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 30s WR Brandon Lloyd and RT Anthony Davis are not in uniform on field with teammates during #49ers warmups.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

WR Brandon Lloyd and RT Anthony Davis are not in uniform on field with teammates during #49ers warmups.
Boldin walked over to Colin Kaepernick and pointed to the divot. Kaepernick shook his head.

Anquan Boldin cut hard and almost fell. The grass gave out under his feet. Now there's a big divot

Unbelievable

That's way different than what Cam Inman is reporting he says that the WRs are showing no problems making cuts on the new field surface including Michael Crabtree. Brandon Lloyd is not in uniform.
Share 49ersWebzone