There are 141 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PS, Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Even if we do people will just b***h about whatever didn't go right throughout the game. Preseason is for getting a look at what you have to solidify depth. It's not about winning meaningless games so a few critics and a$$hat "fans" won't say mean things about you on the internet.

If one of our starters goes out an gets hurt the FIRST thing everyone is going to ask is "why was he out there when the game doesn't matter?" And then there will be 100 articles and 1,000 forum posts about why Harbaugh is stupid for unnecessarily exposing players to injury.
Here here
Very important question about tailgate:

Is there a spot to dump the charcoal?
Gabbert will impress. Book It
  • Phil
  • Veteran
I'm looking for our secondary to show some spunk against Rivers. Hopefully SD keeps its first string in for at least 3 series. Want Ward to get as much playing time in at nickle as possible. Our outside corners also need the playing time, the whole secondary needs time to fuse together as a unit. Hopefully no more concussions. Bethea got one against the Broncos. Also looking at Kaps development. Would be nice to see some different redzone looks, nothing too concrete as far as regular season play design but different passing plays into the endzone (we're lacking in that department). Target guys other than VD, Boldin and Crabtree. Get some chemistry going with Johnson/Lloyd/Ellington/Pattton. Get McDonald involved. Keep him in most of the game. Throw balls at him as much as possible. Get his confidence back up....he had no problem s catching the ball in college.

I'd like to see as many passing plays as possible where our O-line gives Kap the time to go through progressions on 3 and 4 WR sets. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just get him use to more WR's on the field at the same time. And I guess play Gabbert the whole game after Kap goes out as it seems that's who they're committed to. Go pass happy with Gabbert so when he makes mistakes the coaching staff have more tape to go over with him (there's already a mountain of mistakes). The score doesnt matter, it's the different scenario's and situational plays that matter, developing our passing game and secondary. It would be nice to see our first string go in and score TD's 3 series in a row though....to shut down the unnecessary panic in 49erland.
[ Edited by Phil on Aug 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
I know LMJ is going to suit up, but wonder how sparingly will they use him at KR/PR or even time at RB if at all.

I guess you have locked up in a closet all week

It's been a busy August . Can't wait him for to show flashes of his Oregon days even though he has his struggles and injuries.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I know LMJ is going to suit up, but wonder how sparingly will they use him at KR/PR or even time at RB if at all.

I guess you have locked up in a closet all week

It's been a busy August . Can't wait him for to show flashes of his Oregon days even though he has his struggles and injuries.

Well he's gonna get his chance supposedly...and it's not going to be Kr/pr
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Gabbert will impress. Book It

He can't do any worse!!
I'm going to LOL when we don't score a TD this game an the zone explodes... Going to be a great week of entertaining post to read. :)
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
I'm going to LOL when we don't score a TD this game an the zone explodes... Going to be a great week of entertaining post to read. :)

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

You know there will be some great post.

Can't wait.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Aug 24, 2014 at 5:34 AM ]
I'm not watchin it. Just keep it close. Make some frickin tackles. Throw less than three interceptions. No starters hurt. I'm easy.

Game day!! Excited to see the starters get extended playing time and improvement on both sides of the ball (backup qb ). GO NINERS!!!!
If we win big people will say it's just preseason. If we lose and look bad it's the end of the world and it's not just preseason lol
Win or Lose in this preseason game is semantics. I just wanna see our first string offense play the entire first half... Finish some drives, not just take us down th field then stall for a fg. Gore would be the only one I'd maybe take out after the first quarter. Everyone else. Get that lengthy game time experience.
Share 49ersWebzone