LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PS, Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Wonder who else sits today?

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 30s WR Brandon Lloyd and RT Anthony Davis are not in uniform on field with teammates during #49ers warmups.

Is Brandon Lloyd getting a free pass? He has done NOTHING to earn a roster spot this offseason he has been in & out the line up with minor injuries & we honestly dont know if he has great chemistry with Kap. If he makes the team he should be at the bottom of the depth chart & have Ellington be the #4 & Patton at #5
  • thl408
I see why some want Kap to play more, but have you guys noticed Kap getting hit on some of his drop backs? I feel as though that is playing a large part in Kap not playing much in the first two games. Kilgore is not impressing me in pass protection and with a new RG and no ADavis, I can understand why the coaches are scared to leave Kap in the game.
Originally posted by nannite:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
You know I used to think like that, but then I said this is the nfl. U can't help what may happen. I just feel we need more work than one series. And we haven't even scored a td yet in our new stadium. Preseason or not. U don't get blown out at ur new home, come back next week, not score again, but say ok we"re ready. We aren't and other teams with more experienced offenses are playing at least the first half. We should be no different.

U can help what may happen...by keeping the starters from playing in a meaningless game.

These aren't young guys, scrubs or new teammates; this is an experienced team that has gone deep in the playoffs for three years in a row. We are simply different than other teams: we're not trying to implement a new system, train a new QB, bring in half a dozen new players etc.

We do however have a bunch of young backups that need to be integrated into the team, especially on defense. The main goal of the preseason is to get the young guys ready and figure out which ones can play because this year we are going to need them.

Our veterans know how to play and know the system, they have 16-20 real games left to play. Throw the young guys in the fire and see who can play.

If our young guys can't get pumped up after getting blown out at home, that will weigh on their evaluation. But it is meaningless to the starters.

^ This!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Grant Cohn ‏@grantcohn 36m
Boldin walked over to Colin Kaepernick and pointed to the divot. Kaepernick shook his head.

Grant Cohn ‏@grantcohn 36m
Anquan Boldin cut hard and almost fell. The grass gave out under his feet. Now there's a big divot

Unbelievable

Mickey Mouse operation.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

#49ers DL Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Ian Williams are in uniform. Appear poised to make preseason debuts.
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 2m
Craig Dahl lines up with #49ers first-team defense during warmups (ahead of rookie Jummie Ward) with Antoine Bethea (concussion) out

We have so much cancer on this team this year its not even Funny another Bum Dahl that makes me sick every time he's out there u know Rivers is going deep on us today.

Originally posted by thl408:
I see why some want Kap to play more, but have you guys noticed Kap getting hit on some of his drop backs? I feel as though that is playing a large part in Kap not playing much in the first two games. Kilgore is not impressing me in pass protection and with a new RG and no ADavis, I can understand why the coaches are scared to leave Kap in the game.

I don't know what the stats say but it seems like every drop back pass is a 7 step drop. That may be part of the reason it seems he is getting hit more. May not be true it just seems that way to me.
The news of Sam Bradford having suffered a torn ACL in an exhibition game vs. the Browns should be a reality check for those who want to see our starters play deep into a preseason game.
What channel is the game on? All i get is this damn earthquake coverage.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mike8016:

Fox, at 1pm PST.

Originally posted by ayetee:
The news of Sam Bradford having suffered a torn ACL in an exhibition game vs. the Browns should be a reality check for those who want to see our starters play deep into a preseason game.

Damn. I think Bradford's done at this point. Sucks for him.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Thank god for this thread. I swear...I go all over he internet looking for kickoff time and broadcast channel. Finding that info online is like a treasure hunt.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by ayetee:

Damn. I think Bradford's done at this point. Sucks for him.

Ya, the man that could have been....
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mike8016:

NFO: KTVU 2 (locally) Where: Santa Clara, CA When: August 24, 2014; 1:00 PM (PST)

Almost impossible to find on the internet....right?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Aikman and Buck ....
Share 49ersWebzone