LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (PS, Game 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please post all your pregame and game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it. All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.

If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat: http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO: KTVU 2 (locally)
Where: Santa Clara, CA
When: August 24, 2014; 1:00 PM (PST)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
It might be the preseason, but this is a must-win game and we have to win big for a plethora of reasons. Like Harbaugh said, "we are done experimenting", even the 1st team will need to get some sort of rhythm going before the season starts. Two, morale, having been blown out 2 games in a row and outscored by a total of 54 points, not to mention without a single touchdown ? That is just too much even for preseason. Last but not least, they have to do it for the fans, it is another home game, is a new stadium, let's put some smiles back on people's faces.

Having said all that, let's go 9ers !!
We cannot look how we been looking for the first 2 preseason games. The starters are going to play longer. I don't see it as a must win but as a must play A LOT better.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Aug 19, 2014 at 3:22 AM ]
Originally posted by I_Saw_a_Fish:
We cannot look how we been looking for the first 2 preseason games. The starters are going to play longer. I don't see it as a must win but as a must play A LOT better.

Fallow me on instagram[/b]

Stop spamming bro, and NO I WILL NOT FALLOW u on Instagram
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Aug 19, 2014 at 3:23 AM ]
#dontscoreatouchdown

#keepthestreakalive
We need to just murder the bolts to shut everybody up. Im talking even if we are up by 20 in the 4th with a minute left we still are trying to score
make southern cal jealous of our new stadium....that's all that matters
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for brodiebluebanaszak.
no mas.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
We need to just murder the bolts to shut everybody up. Im talking even if we are up by 20 in the 4th with a minute left we still are trying to score

uh, no.

preseason is pointless. let's pummel the cowboys, that's all that matters.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
I just want to see the 1st team offense drive down the field on all their series and score TD's. All that matters to me. I just need to see that the added weapons on offense is working. Granted we won't see all the 1's (mainly OL and Gore probably) but I'd like to see the Kaep/WR/TE connections. I mean that is why we traded for Johnson and brought in Lloyd right? It is also in my opinion that the offense will probably have to carry this team, at least until the D gels completely and that may not be until Bow and/or Smith come back. We know the secondary has questions and you can bet teams will try and exploit that first. The first 2 teams we play have passing QB's and very good WR's.

I honestly don't care if we win or lose vs SD, I just want to see the 1st teams be productive because at the end of the day that is who is playing for the SB.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I just want to see the 1st team offense drive down the field on all their series and score TD's. All that matters to me. I just need to see that the added weapons on offense is working. Granted we won't see all the 1's (mainly OL and Gore probably) but I'd like to see the Kaep/WR/TE connections. I mean that is why we traded for Johnson and brought in Lloyd right? It is also in my opinion that the offense will probably have to carry this team, at least until the D gels completely and that may not be until Bow and/or Smith come back. We know the secondary has questions and you can bet teams will try and exploit that first. The first 2 teams we play have passing QB's and very good WR's.

I honestly don't care if we win or lose vs SD, I just want to see the 1st teams be productive because at the end of the day that is who is playing for the SB.
While I care about the first few series of game 3 of the preseason more than any of the rest of preseason, it's still preseason, and all I really care about is no injuries.

BUT....

I sure hope the first string O and D get to play together for at least the entire first quarter and totally dominate the Chargers.
I wish we weren't playing another team we face in the regular season.
Originally posted by Rascal:
It might be the preseason, but this is a must-win game and we have to win big for a plethora of reasons. Like Harbaugh said, "we are done experimenting", even the 1st team will need to get some sort of rhythm going before the season starts. Two, morale, having been blown out 2 games in a row and outscored by a total of 54 points, not to mention without a single touchdown ? That is just too much even for preseason. Last but not least, they have to do it for the fans, it is another home game, is a new stadium, let's put some smiles back on people's faces.

Having said all that, let's go 9ers !!

Must win game in preseason
Share 49ersWebzone