LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Offensive Line Assessment

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Needs better pass protection.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Absolutely! th, yes, take M.Martin. That's my favorite battle right now. WRATH, I'll take J.Martin and Seymour. Who wants to take the two guards and who wants Kilgore? Mr.McMigglits?

anyone is fine by me... whatever scraps are left over, I can take.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
It sounds like we won't see Davis in the preseason, so we'll just have to hope they get him game-ready in practice.

At this point, I kinda hope Boone stays away. He's not going to be ready to play week one at this point, and I don't want to cut Seymour or J. Martin.

If J.Martin is playing so well, is there any reason why we wouldn't consider kicking him inside next to A.D? Or do you think we want to keep him more as a potential swing tackle in the case of an emergency?

Maybe we keep him as a pure tackle this season considering we have B.Thomas next year. We could save a lot of doe letting Big Mike and Boone go.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
It sounds like we won't see Davis in the preseason, so we'll just have to hope they get him game-ready in practice.

At this point, I kinda hope Boone stays away. He's not going to be ready to play week one at this point, and I don't want to cut Seymour or J. Martin.

If J.Martin is playing so well, is there any reason why we wouldn't consider kicking him inside next to A.D? Or do you think we want to keep him more as a potential swing tackle in the case of an emergency?

Maybe we keep him as a pure tackle this season considering we have B.Thomas next year. We could save a lot of doe letting Big Mike and Boone go.

Martin is much more of a technician than he is a dog. I haven't seen him display the nasty physicality and power I'd expect from a guard, especially in our system. He can succeed as a Tackle, because his technique is sound, he has good feet, and he has decent length. Harbaugh has talked about trying Martin at guard, but I don't believe him. I think he has value as a swing tackle. Any reps he'd take at guard in a real game would be the result of multiple injuries on the line, IMO.
I think this will be an important day for the OLine.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Absolutely! th, yes, take M.Martin. That's my favorite battle right now. WRATH, I'll take J.Martin and Seymour. Who wants to take the two guards and who wants Kilgore? Mr.McMigglits?

anyone is fine by me... whatever scraps are left over, I can take.

Mr. Since Marcus Martin is so important here, do you want to take him?

Done!
Kilgore is getting pushed back vs the run
At this point? It's offensive...

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Iupati looking horrible early. Really disappointed in his play this preseason.

He was like that last year too.

So far Iupati is a scrub and our right side has gotten better every game. If Boone came back and Iupati went on IR, we probably have a better line than last year with Boone and Looney.
Marcus Martin that whole TD drive very impressive
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Done!

Thanks brother! We've got our work cut out for us...big time!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
NCommand - let's talk about Iupati (Kilgore) and Solari bud ....

You know we're on it, my friend!
Originally posted by AmpLee:
We need Boone back to replace Iupati not Looney. No way I'd give Iupati a big contract at this point.

He doesn't look like $7MM per to you, lol?
Share 49ersWebzone