LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Offensive Line Assessment

Shop Find 49ers gear online
^^ $2MM isn't as bad as I thought. He could back up C/G for that, and I'd be okay with it.
Aaaahhhh, NC.. you know I loves this type of individual play study!

Keep me in mind, if you ever need a player or two closely looked at, but lack the manpower. I have lots going on to keep an eye on, but so long as I am not doing my annual play-by-play for every player (and I'm not this year), I should be able to lend a hand.

Great stuff, NC and Wrath.... love the fanatical pursuit of close inspection!

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
^^ $2MM isn't as bad as I thought. He could back up C/G for that, and I'd be okay with it.

And be our 6th OL as usual.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Aaaahhhh, NC.. you know I loves this type of individual play study!

Keep me in mind, if you ever need a player or two closely looked at, but lack the manpower. I have lots going on to keep an eye on, but so long as I am not doing my annual play-by-play for every player (and I'm not this year), I should be able to lend a hand.

Great stuff, NC and Wrath.... love the fanatical pursuit of close inspection!

Hey that's great to hear you'll join the team and help out! I'm sure we'll do another one after the Chargers game esp. given that we'll most likely play the starters a full half...and by starters, I mean the key guys we're interested in (i.e. Kilgore, Iupati, Looney, Martin/Davis) and then their key backups in G Ryan Seymour, T Carter Bykowski, Marcus Martin, etc.! So feel free to pick one or two and let me know.
Originally posted by NCommand:

• DeUh
  • Veteran

Yes, if he can be a reliable backup at C + G (forgot about the G part) then I agree with you two though the dead money is still a little too high for my taste. Next year is gonna be very tough. We are already $5,655,705 over the cap (Top51).
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 19, 2014 at 2:13 PM ]
Great work in here dudes. Appreciate the effort.
Originally posted by DeUh:

Yes, if he can be a reliable backup at C + G (forgot about the G part) then I agree with you two though the dead money is still a little too high for my taste. Next year is gonna be very tough. We are already $5,655,705 over the cap (Top51).

The cap ramifications have greatly affected my 53 projections as of late!
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
dp.
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 19, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Yes ! In my newest projection I cut: C.J. Spillman$1,558,333 ($333,334 dead Money), Demarcus Doobs $1,431,000, Adam Snyder $1,300,000 ($300,000 dead money) + Craig Dahl $1,283,333 ($881,667 dead money),

Here it is btw http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/178494-pre-camp-53-roster-prediction/page30/#post439

Yes ! In my newest projection I cut: C.J. Spillman$1,558,333 ($333,334 dead Money), Demarcus Doobs $1,431,000, Adam Snyder $1,300,000 ($300,000 dead money) + Craig Dahl $1,283,333 ($881,667 dead money),

Here it is btw http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/178494-pre-camp-53-roster-prediction/page30/#post439

LOL. So did I. And well done on your 53...love it as well.
Really all those are good except Dahl who I'm not sure we would take 881k dead to save 400k ish are good options to save money..

Here are others: Lloyd is 1 mil saved 0 dead money, J Martin is 824 0 dead money, Tukuafu is 645k 0 dead, J Johnson 570k 0 dead, Ventrone 855k with 0 dead money.

As for Kilgore when I seen the deal I thought it would be a lot more. If he turns out to be the center of the future 1.2 per will be a steal since he should be getting 3-5 then. If he turns out to be backup C/G/T/Extra Tackle even then 1.2 mil isnt so bad for a guy who can do all that. Basically Snyder but younger and better. Maybe we would re-negotiate but I still think he would stay with us since he would be so versatile.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2014 at 3:02 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Lol nice.

Just saw your projection. Only 3 rb´s, no Lloyd, no Ventrone and 7 cb´s + Ward. I like it.

Lol nice.

Just saw your projection. Only 3 rb´s, no Lloyd, no Ventrone and 7 cb´s + Ward. I like it.

Cutting the fat...we've got big contracts coming up plus the PS is moving to 10 bodies so we can stash a RB there (plus whatever happens with Lattimore). Heck yes 7 CB's. We play nickle/dime 60% of the time and ALWAYS have injuries to the CB's for some reason. Like a few for the WR, DL and OL, some won't be active anyhow but they'll be able to grow with us and some will be active depending on who we play (i.e. wide-open offenses with 4 & 5 WR sets).

PS: What can we say...we like to ride the edge some. You have some ballsy picks in there!
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 19, 2014 at 3:13 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Cutting the fat...we've got big contracts coming up plus the PS is moving to 10 bodies so we can stash a RB there (plus whatever happens with Lattimore). Heck yes 7 CB's. We play nickle/dime 60% of the time and ALWAYS have injuries to the CB's for some reason. Like a few for the WR, DL and OL, some won't be active anyhow but they'll be able to grow with us and some will be active depending on who we play (i.e. wide-open offenses with 4 & 5 WR sets).

I will wait til next week for my new update but that is a very good point ! Alfonso Smith out, Chris Cook/Kenneth Acker in.

PS: What can we say...we like to ride the edge some. You have some ballsy picks in there!

This.
Share 49ersWebzone