LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Offensive Line Assessment

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We played a crap team and we won because of our D.

Our offense better get a whole lot better real soon.

Redskins are worse than the Giants BUT after that comes a MUST win game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agreed. we couldn't even run the damn ball in the second half....again lol.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Silent count. Checking to see if Kap was ready. Maybe checking protection, as well.
For himself or the whole line?

probably the whole line. If he is responsible for communicating the silent count to the line, he's probably also responsible for communicating any protection changes to or from Colin. The tackles likely can't hear Colin due to crowd noise during most away games (not sure if the STL crowd really necessitated this).

WRATH, this may be a perfect time to assess M.Martin the past two games (first game isn't "fair")?
Originally posted by wailers15:

Both WAS and SEA are must-win games...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Silent count. Checking to see if Kap was ready. Maybe checking protection, as well.
For himself or the whole line?

probably the whole line. If he is responsible for communicating the silent count to the line, he's probably also responsible for communicating any protection changes to or from Colin. The tackles likely can't hear Colin due to crowd noise during most away games (not sure if the STL crowd really necessitated this).

WRATH, this may be a perfect time to assess M.Martin the past two games (first game isn't "fair")?

I haven't singled him out for a game yet, but I think he's been pretty impressive. I think he's the future and the present. He's a big dude who is thick throughout, carries the weight naturally, has quick feet, and natural power.

I think he needs an offseason in the weight room to be a more affective drive blocker, but he gets the same amount of movement as Kilgore. I like Kilgore, but he is an athletic, positional blocker, not a driver.

Martin seems a little hesitant managing stunts in pass pro, but he's so damn big, that he can recover while DL try to run around him. The overall hesitancy in the Rams game seems to be gone, though. He's already caught up to NFL speed. It's hard to believe he's only 20 years old. When all the beat writers were gushing about his maturity, I thought they were over-blowing the issue because they were so happy to get multi-phrase responses. The dude plays like a vet, minus the professionally-trained muscular development. I can't believe how poised he was in N.O.

He has very good feet and lateral quickness, especially for his size. We don't really pull our centers, but I have yet to see him release to second level and crush an LB. Maybe he wants to make sure he doesn't miss, so he doesn't over-extend.

The snaps have to get fixed. Too many off-target shotgun snaps.

I've heard he plays nasty, but I haven't seen that yet. I think he plays well, but I don't think I've seen him punish anyone.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by wailers15:

Both WAS and SEA are must-win games...

Agree.

I was presuming since the Skins are worse than the Giants - we'd beat them too. - My Bad!

Each and every game is a MUST win but losing to Seattle at home IMO is a disaster.
Share 49ersWebzone