There are 268 users in the forums

Time to look at the Positives

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some of the #1s looked like #2s and some of the #2s looked like#1s. its all very confusing.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Just wondering why we still have yet to designate a play for Derek Carrier and show what he can do.

Gabbert should be fine... as long as you don't ask him to read the defense and just let him throw those out patterns to Ellington.

I hope ILB Skov makes the team over Costanzo.

I hope OLB Chase Thomas makes the team over Dan Skuta

I hope SS LJ McCray makes it over Raymond Vetrone.

I hope OL (swingman) Ryan Seymour makes it over Adam Snyder.
Dial and Carradine need to be the #2's. Get Dobbs and Purcell out of there.
Barrows: "When Peyton manning hit Julius Thomas for Denver's first touchdown, there were exactly three would-be Week 1 starters on the field for the 49ers: Michael Wilhoite (or Chris Borland), Chris Culliver and Eric Reid. Thomas beat safety Craig Dahl, who seemed to think he was going to have help on the inside, perhaps from Borland."
Originally posted by crake49:
Barrows: "When Peyton manning hit Julius Thomas for Denver's first touchdown, there were exactly three would-be Week 1 starters on the field for the 49ers: Michael Wilhoite (or Chris Borland), Chris Culliver and Eric Reid. Thomas beat safety Craig Dahl, who seemed to think he was going to have help on the inside, perhaps from Borland."

Borland did look lost on that play. I saw Culliver talk to him pre-snap, might of told him to fall back. Borlands initial step was back, then he run to the LOS.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crake49:

borlands stupid ass jumped the underneath route that was already covered. Not that his short ass would've made a difference anyway.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
that TD to me was just a sample of why Dahl was not resigned by the LOWLY Rams last year...

aside from Borland stepping up to try and cover the crossing route, the freakin FS allowed the TE to just run that simple post... duhhhhhhhhh.!!! you're placed to play the SAFETY position so that you can cover those little mistake by players in front of you.

there was no WR on the right side for him to cover deep, why the heck did he allow the TE to just run by him??

• thl408
That JThomas TD pass was a result of a blown assignment. Both Borland and Cully covered an underneath route while there was no re-direct on JThomas. The 49er ILBs are always asked to help re-route any vertical stem down the middle of the field. That means getting a jam or just getting in the way of a WR/TE running right down the middle of the field. Borland did neither and allowed JThomas to get a free release. Dahl has no chance on that play. Dahl's post play reaction makes me think he was expecting some sort of help. I hate when defenders throw their arms up in the air as if to say "not my fault, where's my help". Save it for the sidelines.

Oh this is a thread for positive. Dahl should never be playing against Peyton and Borland is trending up because he's so young. Those are some positives.
It's only preseason!

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
borlands stupid ass jumped the underneath route that was already covered. Not that his short ass would've made a difference anyway.

Wanted Louis Nix soooooooo bad!
Great post, OP. Seems like a lot of people have once again been fooled into thinking pre-season is an accurate representation of the team. Every year we go through this...it's amazing people still haven't figured it out. My position hasn't changed since the off-season. We are freakin' loaded this year. Prepare for 12-14 regular season wins, easy.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for KegBert.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
nice catch by McDonalds

That was an impressive catch, got his head around quick and caught a lazer with his hands.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Just wondering why we still have yet to designate a play for Derek Carrier and show what he can do.

Gabbert should be fine... as long as you don't ask him to read the defense and just let him throw those out patterns to Ellington.

I hope ILB Skov makes the team over Costanzo.

I hope OLB Chase Thomas makes the team over Dan Skuta

I hope SS LJ McCray makes it over Raymond Vetrone.

I hope OL (swingman) Ryan Seymour makes it over Adam Snyder.

These points mirror my own thoughts.

But I can see why Carrier has not been highlighted yet; no need to tell other teams everything we've got, yet.
Originally posted by thl408:
That JThomas TD pass was a result of a blown assignment. Both Borland and Cully covered an underneath route while there was no re-direct on JThomas. The 49er ILBs are always asked to help re-route any vertical stem down the middle of the field. That means getting a jam or just getting in the way of a WR/TE running right down the middle of the field. Borland did neither and allowed JThomas to get a free release. Dahl has no chance on that play. Dahl's post play reaction makes me think he was expecting some sort of help. I hate when defenders throw their arms up in the air as if to say "not my fault, where's my help". Save it for the sidelines.

Oh this is a thread for positive. Dahl should never be playing against Peyton and Borland is trending up because he's so young. Those are some positives.

Hopefully Borland can learn from these mistakes and correct them..and he is supposedly a smart player so i would expect him to. He made some very good plays yesterday, but he cannot just allow the TE to have a free release like that and if i recall he also bit pretty hard on the play action.
Share 49ersWebzone