There are 277 users in the forums

Training Camp Hype = Pre-season game duds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Tomsula must get out of the gate running. The team has to produce early on or the pressure will start mounting.

Many think week 1 is a must win.

With a new staff and many new starters, there is going to be at least a period where we need to gel. Its best not to set the bar that high.

If ever, we should be in full gear by week 8. If not, this place will be wild.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Tomsula must get out of the gate running. The team has to produce early on or the pressure will start mounting.

gonna be 4-0 in preseason
hope not. records mean nothing in pre season. well, to the logical fans they mean nothing. pre season is all about sorting things out
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

With a new staff and many new starters, there is going to be at least a period where we need to gel. Its best not to set the bar that high.

the place will be wild if we start 0-2 in pre season,, just gotta let it ride

My bar is high. I'm stoked and ready to go to the playoffs. If it all falls apart, it's ok.. Nothing can be worse then the crushing losses I have somehow survived over the last 3 years...
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:

My bar is high. I'm stoked and ready to go to the playoffs. If it all falls apart, it's ok.. Nothing can be worse then the crushing losses I have somehow survived over the last 3 years...

I hope we start out 8-0. But my expectations are lower then that.
The 49ers might have brain washed me with all this positivity, but I think our D is elite status and our O is going to be better...

The media making us impossible under dogs is the topping on the cake...

I think we are gonna make a big impression

And I for one loved our draft so... Maybe I'm a homer...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:11 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
The 49ers might have brain washed me with all this positivity, but I think our D is elite status and our O is going to be better...

no, you just work for jed,, how else can you be so positive?
Originally posted by cciowa:

How about that ?

The D should be fine. Our front 7 is still good even with Willis, Borland and j. Smith gone.

The O is a question as always.

I agree that being the underdog is fun. 2011 was the best year in the JH era just due how unexpected it was with the lockout and all.

You're definitely spot on. The 49ers are going to be fast and hungry. Maybe, just maybe, they'll resemble the Seahawks in a way.

The D should be fine. Our front 7 is still good even with Willis, Borland and j. Smith gone.

The O is a question as always.

I agree that being the underdog is fun. 2011 was the best year in the JH era just due how unexpected it was with the lockout and all.

The defense's biggest asset from the coaching staff was promoted thus spread thin. Lost the DB coach and the DC was replaced by a castoff who coached TEs last year. Influx of young and unproven talent at DB. The two cornerstones of the defense were replaced (Smith and Willis). McDonald and Smith both performed well last year (rated 10 and 11th by PFF for DEs).

As long as the transition to the ZBS is done properly, I have faith in the coaching and talent. Kap is poised to make a leap with his work during the offseason, a legit down field threat, and the change in mentality offered by Tomsula. Hyde had almost 300 snaps last season and seems fit to take on a starting role, especially compared to Gore's noticeable decline last year. So we have a proven duo with Boldin and Torrey, with Patton and Ellington ready to me unleashed. And even Smelter is a possible week 1 (likely 6/8) return.

yep we need to start off good and get some momentum.

In 2010, we had a really good team. Although coaching was complete crap, we had some close games with playoff teams that we barely lost. Had we beaten the saints or falcons that year could have made a huge difference in the team's confidence and we wouldn't have imploded at the mid to end of the season.

In 2011, our wins in the first 5 games sparked something special in the team. Especially the win against the lions. That was huge for the success of that season.

We need to come out of the gate running quick and take down hyped up teams
I hope we go 0–4 in preseason losing every game by 2+ TDs. Make all the pundits think we suck ass even worse than they thought we did during the off-season.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I hope we go 0–4 in preseason losing every game by 2+ TDs. Make all the pundits think we suck ass even worse than they thought we did during the off-season.

LOL... it's so hard to remain calm during this time of year... we're all antsy, impatient and want results yesterday. With that said, i just want to see enough... a little improvement here and there, cause the pre-season is also kind of like a card game... you can't show your hand too much.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:

How about that ?

You 3 might have to contact Jed to get your fair share of $$$
Share 49ersWebzone