LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Training Camp Hype = Pre-season game duds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Harbaugh couldn't care less about pre-season. It's been like that since he's been here.

yeah we got a choice, win preseason games under sing and go 6-10 or lose most if not all of them under harbs and win 12-13 games
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Don't we play Denver this season? Wouldn't it be great if they expected off coverage from us all day in the regular season. Wouldn't it be great if they expected us to stay in I backs 70% of the time?

We called garbage, bland plays, sitting a third of our starters, while they went into this game like they had something to prove.

Ding ding ding. I remember back in 2011 when the 49ers got the s**t kicked out of by New Orleans in the preseason and the Saints kept blitzing and bringing the house on pretty much every play. How did the next game between the two teams turn out for them?

Just to add on, (Said in another thread but figured I would reiterate)... out here in Denver, the team, front office, media, fans, basically EVERYBODY in Denver circled TWO PRESEASON GAMES on how they were gonna show the national audience they werent a bunch of complete poons the Seahawks made them out to be. You saw it in the first couple drives with Manning and his 1 yard rush, he was displaying the attitude they have been pumping all offseason.

The fans who are so discouraged by today need only to look up any of the articles about the Broncos offseason, its been filled with camp fights trying to be tough and nothing but quotes of how they are "eager to prove themselves to the NFC west." Does anyone really think PFM needs the typical gameplan to be effective in his own orchestrated offense? He IS the game plan. Our patchwork defense did pretty well forcing them to make a couple good/lucky plays on 3rd down. Think Manning would of been that comfy to stay in the almost the whole first half and try a run if J. Smith and Ray Mac and Willis are in the middle of the field?

Jeff Saturday(on espn) was on that same tip. I don't know his exact words but he was basically saying, Denver faced two NFCwest team & looked in mid season form against them, & lmao. Swing all over his former teammates n**$. Like those two PRESEASON win made up for the superbowl beat down
[ Edited by calinig4life on Aug 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Just wondering why we still have yet to designate a play for Derek Carrier and show what he can do.

Gabbert should be fine... as long as you don't ask him to read the defense and just let him throw those out patterns to Ellington.

I hope ILB Skov makes the team over Costanzo.

I hope OLB Chase Thomas makes the team over Dan Skuta

I hope SS LJ McCray makes it over Raymond Vetrone.

I hope OL (swingman) Ryan Seymour makes it over Adam Snyder.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Just wondering why we still have yet to designate a play for Derek Carrier and show what he can do.

Gabbert should be fine... as long as you don't ask him to read the defense and just let him throw those out patterns to Ellington.

Skuta will play extensively while Aldon is suspended, no way he is cut. Costanzo is already on IR
lol
Change your username OP. You're embarrassing Garrison.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:

Skuta will play extensively while Aldon is suspended, no way he is cut. Costanzo is already on IR

Yeah Skuta is way more seasoned! ST player too, can come in too at the OLB spot.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Costanzo has been on injured reserve for about a week.

Originally posted by buck:

Costanzo has been on injured reserve for about a week.

Heck not sure if Skov makes it as of now..didn't look to good vs Denver..I figure it will be him or Moody
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Harbaugh couldn't care less about pre-season. It's been like that since he's been here.

yeah we got a choice, win preseason games under sing and go 6-10 or lose most if not all of them under harbs and win 12-13 games

this is why i hate preseason. i gotta deal with a month of fake hype or the sky is falling nonsense. it's like this every year. people either praise guys too much or act like the ship is sinking.

Holy cow, is this thread serious? Someone mentioned Aldon Smith as if he has played so much in the first two games? LOL, he played a grand total of two series against the Broncos and didn't play against the Ravens.
So how much stock do you put into this years' pre-season?

I only ask because last years looked like we were headed into a tail-spin (half true?) couldn't run, block, Kap looked frazzled...etc. and then open up with a resounding victory over Dallas (although we took the foot off the pedal in 2nd half).

Like the previous post... the Sing era brought us a 4-0 pre-season and then face-planted!

This year, new coache(s), 2 new O-lineman, lot of new D starters...

Thoughts?
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
So how much stock do you put into this years' pre-season?

I only ask because last years looked like we were headed into a tail-spin (half true?) couldn't run, block, Kap looked frazzled...etc. and then open up with a resounding victory over Dallas (although we took the foot off the pedal in 2nd half).

Like the previous post... the Sing era brought us a 4-0 pre-season and then face-planted!

This year, new coache(s), 2 new O-lineman, lot of new D starters...

Thoughts?

I'll probably put a lot more stock into preseason this year due to all the coaching and player changes. Having said that, the most important veterans will stil make token appearances. You might see a little more Kap than Harbaugh played him but not much Bowman, Hyde or Boldin, etc.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Jul 13, 2015 at 5:18 PM ]
Tomsula must get out of the gate running. The team has to produce early on or the pressure will start mounting.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Tomsula must get out of the gate running. The team has to produce early on or the pressure will start mounting.

gonna be 4-0 in preseason
Share 49ersWebzone