LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

Training Camp Hype = Pre-season game duds

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With all the hype about some players in training camp it is really disappointing to not see flashes of that supposed talent in pre-season games. I'm not saying the 49ers need to win the game, but come on, where are the talent plays?

Hype
Aldon Smith is unstoppable in practice = hasn't shown any pressure in pre-season games

Patton, Johnson looking good in TC = have shown little in pre-season games

Gabbert looked so good reportedly in the first 2 weeks of TC = plays horrible in front of the pressure of fans

Tank Carradine is a stud in TC = where has he been in games

Lynch is hard to handle as a pass rusher = Broncos 3rd string tackle handled him just fine.

Etc, etc, etc.

And don't give me the baloney about Harbaugh hiding the good stuff like has been said about the offense in past years only to have the offense look just as bland during the season.

And no, it is not fan over-reaction - it is just a statement of the disappointing truth.
[ Edited by HearstFan on Aug 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM ]
Lol
Aldon didn't play in Baltimore and like the rest of our starters, barely played against the Broncos. Wtf?
Harbaugh couldn't care less about pre-season. It's been like that since he's been here.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Aldon didn't play in Baltimore and like the rest of our starters, barely played against the Broncos. Wtf?

obviously he's just letting you know that our championship window has closed, the division (and league. and planet) belongs to the seahawks, and nothing will ever be good in the world ever again. Like, ever.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Harbaugh couldn't care less about pre-season. It's been like that since he's been here.

Yup. Kinda reminds me of 2011 pre-season when we looked like horse s**t, the sky was falling, and then we went 13-3...lol
In for the lock!
analyzing preseason games is like judging the special olympics
Nice to see the panic posting is right on schedule...kinda warms my heart. Wouldn't be the zone without it.
So I guess you all are fine with seeing the complete lack of performance?

I get all the rationales for it not mattering. And obviously I didn't say the sky if falling - so come up with something more original why you accept that these high talent players are not flashing said talent in pre-season.

The marque ravens and broncos players showed up and made impacts with their limited opportunities.
I need to see the starters in for at least a quarter before I declare a SanDiego49er
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yup. Kinda reminds me of 2011 pre-season when we looked like horse s**t, the sky was falling, and then we went 13-3...lol

I'm not going to compare this season to 2011 preseason, but I'd rather the 2nd/3rd string get heavy play time and not lose a Marcus Cooper like last year.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
So I guess you all are fine with seeing the complete lack of performance?

I get all the rationales for it not mattering. And obviously I didn't say the sky if falling - so come up with something more original why you accept that these high talent players are not flashing said talent in pre-season.

You guys whine about this every year.

3 NFCC appearances in a row if I recall correctly...
I'm not going to compare this season to 2011 preseason, but I'd rather the 2nd/3rd string get heavy play time and not lose a Marcus Cooper like last year.

Share 49ersWebzone