There are 160 users in the forums

Front page ad in major San fran newspaper

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Fu@k it I'm doing it myself then. Anyone who thinks we aren't hurting by having a true nose tackle is a delusional p.o.s.

Fu@k it I'm doing it myself then. Anyone who thinks we aren't hurting by having a true nose tackle is a delusional p.o.s.

Don't call San Francisco San Fran. Your lack of knowledge of major newspapers within the Bay Area combined with your choice of words leads me to believe you're either a casual or incredibly dense. Under Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers have been consistently top five in all major defensive statistical categories.

The 49ers were in nickel 60% of the time in 2013. Absolutely nothing is broken and you shouldn't consider either preseason games indicators of panic and cause to publish an advertisement heckling our highly regarded General Manager.

Did you actually think an advertisement in a newspaper would sway Jim and Trent to modify their roster and defensive scheme? As if they'd make some sort of trade or sign someone off the street at week three of the preseason.

Yeah, not delusional at all.
[ Edited by redrathman on Aug 17, 2014 at 8:37 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Get a billboard in seattle instead

^^ If you really want Harbaugh's attention, then do this!
Just run out on the field naked with with words painted on your body saying we need a new nose tackle.

You would get noticed more than an ad in the newspaper.

True nose tackle wanted pay : negotiable

I'm with you, do you have a PayPal account?
Originally posted by redrathman:

Don't call San Francisco San Fran. Your lack of knowledge of major newspapers within the Bay Area combined with your choice of words leads me to believe you're either a casual or incredibly dense. Under Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers have been consistently top five in all major defensive statistical categories.

The 49ers were in nickel 60% of the time in 2013. Absolutely nothing is broken and you shouldn't consider either preseason games indicators of panic and cause to publish an advertisement heckling our highly regarded General Manager.

Did you actually think an advertisement in a newspaper would sway Jim and Trent to modify their roster and defensive scheme? As if they'd make some sort of trade or sign someone off the street at week three of the preseason.

Yeah, not delusional at all.

The proper term is Frisco.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Just run out on the field naked with with words painted on your body saying we need a new nose tackle.

You would get noticed more than an ad in the newspaper.

LOL!! I hope someone does this, Levis like soooo needs this...
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I'm with you, do you have a PayPal account?
I'm going to go with Santa Clara weekly or San Jose mercury news. Everyone can joke, but maybe it catches in the national media and forces the front office to stop being stubborn and see what we have all witnessed these past two seasons that our front lacks beef in the middle and we are relying to much on our superstar lbs to play lights out every snap. Waste of our skill payers and with Navarro out we will be exposed more this year then before.
[ Edited by 9er_84 on Aug 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM ]
lmao what a great thread

• sfout
  • Veteran
So IF this really happens, somebody better post it. I'll laugh so hard that I'll pass out.

Being completely level with the OP here.....If this was your reaction to the SB loss and some issue from that game or the playoff run I would still say your overreacting but at least understand your pain/reasoning/cut you a break but at a certain point I have to stop and just tell myself one of the following things is happening....

1. (hopefully this is the answer) You're trolling us
2. (Still really hope this is a viable answer) You're just way excited to have football on TV again
3. (Please dear God don't be this reason) You take football way too seriously and as I said before you really need to put the remote and laptop away for a few days.

....When Nolan was the coach my father-in-law was still had his season tickets (we live in Utah) and he emailed his ticket VIP ticket rep or whatever you'd call them and said if Nolan wasn't fired that he'd cancel his tickets and never buy from the 9ers again.....3 days later Nolan was sent packing.....Did my in-law have any affect on the ownership and front office? NO HE DIDN'T-- even if you entertained it for a minute it would take upwards of several thousand ticket holders making the same demand and actually following through with the cancellation request. The rep probably opened it, laughed and said "Thank you for your opinion, I'll speak to my supervisor" and deleted the email and never said a word of it to anybody.

If you honestly believe that attempting to place a newspaper ad (they could refuse -- they don't have to take your money) then I don't know what to say other than you'd be doing nothing but harm by bringing unwarranted negative attention the 49ers and their fans that would make us look like tools and once again justify the "Whiner" moniker, should it somehow go viral (which it won't) but if you need to this a therapeutic reason, then please go ahead.

/rant-sane rebuttal to the OP to keep him/her from making a fool of themselves and wasting their money.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 17, 2014 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

If you honestly believe that attempting to place a newspaper ad (they could refuse -- they don't have to take your money) then I don't know what to say other than you'd be doing nothing but harm by bringing unwarranted negative attention the 49ers and their fans that would make us look like tools and once again justify the "Whiner" moniker, should it somehow go viral (which it won't) but if you need to this a therapeutic reason, then please go ahead.

/rant-sane rebuttal to the OP to keep him/her from making a fool of themselves and wasting their money.

If you really think that a local bay area newspaper is going to run a negative ad towards the SF 49ers you are on glue, son. That would be journalism suicide. No amount of money could possibly get them to trash their own team.

Stupidest thread of the year.
Originally posted by thirdeye:
If you really think that a local bay area newspaper is going to run a negative ad towards the SF 49ers you are on glue, son. That would be journalism suicide. No amount of money could possibly get them to trash their own team.

that's what ratto, killion, and cohn are for
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 18, 2014 at 2:53 AM ]
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Who reads the newspaper still?

I do when I find myself in a crappy restaurant eating alone for lunch. Sometimes you just need the feel of a nice paper in your hands. The routine. The smell. Open it up, give it a good shake to straighten it out...peak over the top at the waitresses ass as she walks away. Old man pervert stuff. You know...newspapers.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by thirdeye:

that's what ratto, killion, and cohn are for

I'd like to challenge Lowell Cohn to a street fight in a dark alleyway somewhere in the Tenderloin.
Share 49ersWebzone