There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Front page ad in major San fran newspaper

I have been seeing our run d detoriate for two seasons because our d coordinator's philosophy is to have a "quick" nose tackle and rely on our gifted inside lbs to make superhuman plays every time. Our nose position is useless in holding the line on run plays and can not penitrarate during passing plays.

Our dominance on d used to hinge on making teams one dimensional.

I propose we raise money to place an ad in a major SF. newspaper calling for a stout true nose tackle who can hold the point of attack and give Patrick and Navarro some help by eating up two blockers. Have this team wake up that we have been getting gashed up the middle and the only reason it's not a more prevalent issue is because we have the best two middle lbs in the game that compensate for the lack of beef in the middle.

Anyone feel the same way? Anyone else frustrated by our drop in stopping the run and want to do something about it??
Overreaction Sunday is back, folks!
Erm no. There is nothing wrong with the NT position that players not going down injured won't fix.
Lol
Originally posted by 9er_84:
I have been seeing our run d detoriate for two seasons because our d coordinator's philosophy is to have a "quick" nose tackle and rely on our gifted inside lbs to make superhuman plays every time. Our nose position is useless in holding the line on run plays and can not penitrarate during passing plays.

Our dominance on d used to hinge on making teams one dimensional.

I propose we raise money to place an ad in a major SF. newspaper calling for a stout true nose tackle who can hold the point of attack and give Patrick and Navarro some help by eating up two blockers. Have this team wake up that we have been getting gashed up the middle and the only reason it's not a more prevalent issue is because we have the best two middle lbs in the game that compensate for the lack of beef in the middle.

Anyone feel the same way? Anyone else frustrated by our drop in stopping the run and want to do something about it??

Are you for f**king real?
Has our run defense gone down? Yes

Do we get dominated in the middle? Yes

Dorsey was solid but not a true N.T. and nether is Ian Williams. We have been getting gashed by run teams the past two years and our nose tackle position continues to get worse.
THREAD OF THE YEAR
The front office is going to let newspaper petitions dictate what moves they make? Please tell me you're joking!
Originally posted by theduke85:
The front office is going to let newspaper petitions dictate what moves they make? Please tell me you're joking!

I think tha it's a obvious issue and that perhaps some people in the front office might agree with but perhaps if the fans address it. It would have enough attention that some bigwigs say yea this is clearly an issue even our fans can see it.
Is there really no one that watches niner games theses past two seasons and says man what happen to run defense holding the line of scrimmage???
Haha. We should place an ad in a major SF newspaper and get the word out to the 50 people who still read print newspapers! Good plan.
  • Phil
Send me the money....I'll place the add ;)
Raise money and send it to me, then I will pretend to place an add and it will have the same effect as an actual ad.
NINERTALK... God bless you.

In the preseason no less!!! Agreed, POST OF THE OFFSEASON, potentially POST OF THE YEAR!!!
So does anyone have a paypal or something set up yet so we can get this s**t rolling?