LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

Good Article on Rookie Progress

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This lineup looks really good. Actually good is an understatement. But no Skuta? Not your fault because we only have so many roster spots. I'm hoping that if it comes down to it, we can trade him as opposed to outright cutting him. If anything, we'd probably get a 7th. I'd rather have that 7th in 2016 however as a result of a compensatory pick as opposed to having to trade him because there is no room this year.

I didn't forget Skuta. I actually think he should make it. Just like I think Dahl will but didn't list him. I just listed those playmaker type guys and we have a bunch this year. Nothing against Skuta solid player good on ST and filled in nicely on D last year.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by xcfan:
man, what the hell is going on with martin?

Unfair to grade a guy who just came back from injury don't you think has NOT had the reps

is from USC tho lol. but in all seriousness yea he probably isnt up to date calling blitzes and such and it is taking away concentration from what happens after the snap

Martin grade will be going up very solid game
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Niners Starting Defense At The End Of The Year With Depth

DE Smith / Dial
NT Williams / Jerod - Eddie
DE McDonald / Carradine
OLB Smith / Lemonier
MLB Bowman / Borland
MLB Willis / Wilhoite
OLB Brooks / Lynch
CB Culliver / Cook
CB Brock / Johnson
NB Ward / Cox / Morris
FS Reid / Ward
SS Bethea

This could be a dominating D heading into the postseason if any D can be dominating anymore with the rule changes. If not dominating at least fast with the ability to take the ball away. I'm excited and there is reason to be lot's of depth and youth. I don't know what people are talking about with all the windows crap. There is no such thing if you know how to draft and coach. Let's hope for relatively few injuries and I think we may have the most talent on this roster since 94.

agree. People who act worried about the D are crazy IMO. Sure, we've been killed the 1st 2 preseason games w/o our starting DL, ILBs and one of our CBs. This will be a terrific D week 1 even w/o Bowman and possibly Aldon. Once we get Aldon and then Bow back, look out. IMO, this is a better D than last year.

Smith/Ray Mac are healthy and they played hurt last year
Dial/Tank provide a ton of depth on the DL
Ian Williams is better than Dorsey at NT
Lemonier will be better, he and Lynch give us more depth at OLB
Culliver is better outside CB than Rogers, Ward is better nickle
Bethea is a coverage upgrade over Whitner and just as good in run support
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Ninerz4Life:
Niners Starting Defense At The End Of The Year With Depth

DE Smith / Dial
NT Williams / Jerod - Eddie
DE McDonald / Carradine
OLB Smith / Lemonier
MLB Bowman / Borland
MLB Willis / Wilhoite
OLB Brooks / Lynch
CB Culliver / Cook
CB Brock / Johnson
NB Ward / Cox / Morris
FS Reid / Ward
SS Bethea

This could be a dominating D heading into the postseason if any D can be dominating anymore with the rule changes. If not dominating at least fast with the ability to take the ball away. I'm excited and there is reason to be lot's of depth and youth. I don't know what people are talking about with all the windows crap. There is no such thing if you know how to draft and coach. Let's hope for relatively few injuries and I think we may have the most talent on this roster since 94.

agree. People who act worried about the D are crazy IMO. Sure, we've been killed the 1st 2 preseason games w/o our starting DL, ILBs and one of our CBs. This will be a terrific D week 1 even w/o Bowman and possibly Aldon. Once we get Aldon and then Bow back, look out. IMO, this is a better D than last year.

Smith/Ray Mac are healthy and they played hurt last year
Dial/Tank provide a ton of depth on the DL
Ian Williams is better than Dorsey at NT
Lemonier will be better, he and Lynch give us more depth at OLB
Culliver is better outside CB than Rogers, Ward is better nickle
Bethea is a coverage upgrade over Whitner and just as good in run support

If you take out Ian Williams (just started to practice), Bowman, and Aldon, then the front 7 looks very different. Culliver and Brock are both suspect on deep routes. Without Bowman and Aldon, the pass rush will be slowed. Even if Ward and Bethea are slight improvements over Rogers and Whitner, the defense is still overall not as good as last year. Let's hope Ian will be ready by week 2 and Aldon won't be out long. Otherwise, it'll be a long season.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if we opt for veterans in many cases, our practice squad will get gang raped.
baalke needs to make some hard choices for the future; maybe go a bit young this year. we have too much young talent to just let it go, just to exploit the here and now.
Share 49ersWebzone