LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

Ray McDonald, Ian Williams, and Justin Smith all practiced today

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First time all camp the first string defensive line practiced.
I'm guessing they get some practice in.....play a little in game two, a quarter in game 3, and then shut it down until Dallas.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I hope JS sits out the entire PS. Keep that shoulder 100% for Dallas.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I hope JS sits out the entire PS. Keep that shoulder 100% for Dallas.

So do I. He hasn't been 100% since about the 12th game of the 2012 season, and after that point the defense has never been the same. I want that monster fully recovered before he comes back. And I hope Tank and / or Lynch sub' for him quite a bit to keep the mileage down.
Cowboy needs to stay healthy for his last ride.
The Cowboy has been injured a lot the past couple years
The Cowboy is human after all!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
keep em tuned up and healthy.

I'm glad the league decided to give the 49ers five preseason games instead of the usual four games....
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Cowboy needs to stay healthy for his last ride.

I agree, this may be his last year.
The niners defense should be incredibly scary by any definition for many good reasons. Just having Ian Williams back should shut down much of the running as he did before his injury and both McDonald and Justin Smith were injured for a good part of the year. Both Carradine and Dial are described as immensely strong youngsters but a bit raw. They along with TJE should bring immense pressure to teams who can't provide respite to their OLs. Justin and Ray should have plenty of relief and having these types of mashers will leave teams helpless with Aldon, Lemonier and Lynch providing pressure. A guy like Borland was made to work with Williams. It would open gaps for Borland to tackle backs in the backfield and Williams can shut down any backs that get past Borland.

Originally posted by prometheus:
The niners defense should be incredibly scary by any definition for many good reasons. Just having Ian Williams back should shut down much of the running as he did before his injury and both McDonald and Justin Smith were injured for a good part of the year. Both Carradine and Dial are described as immensely strong youngsters but a bit raw. They along with TJE should bring immense pressure to teams who can't provide respite to their OLs. Justin and Ray should have plenty of relief and having these types of mashers will leave teams helpless with Aldon, Lemonier and Lynch providing pressure. A guy like Borland was made to work with Williams. It would open gaps for Borland to tackle backs in the backfield and Williams can shut down any backs that get past Borland.

Agree BUT

Like many in the Zone, you seem to be selling Wilhoite short.

The guy played VERY well last season and is battle tested. I see him starting and making standout contributions.

As far as Borland goes, it's a long season and he's too good to ride the pine so I see him getting lots of playing time in sub roles for both Wilhoite and Willis.
I'm glad Ian Williams is back on the board. The lack of NT concerned me. We have guys that can play the position, but I don't want TJE playing many snaps, if any at all at NT.
Taylor Price of 49ers.com included Ian Williams in his top five Niners of OTAs and I hope he can come back stay healthy and show the same dominance that made him PFFs best nose tackle.
Y lock? Change title.
Share 49ersWebzone