There are 157 users in the forums

Who will be the right end in our nickel front during Aldon suspension

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who will be the right end in our nickel front during Aldon suspension

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it's time for lemonhead to sink or swim.
Originally posted by crake49:
I'm hoping Lemonier can play on his side. Does anyone remember if they've played him over in Aldon's spot during the preseason?

Yeah he played ROLB/Will a lot in the preseason, he had taken more snaps than any other 49er before the Hou game, and that stat probably held up through that game.

Lynch is being brought up as a LOLB/Sam, he may get some playing time, but it will be backing up Brooks. If anyone is subbing in with Lemonier, it will be Skuta.

I think we saw Tanks role this season in the Houston game: manhandler of guards.
Last year Skuta played running downs and Lemonier played passing downs
Lynch is a better pass rusher than Lemonier. I like Tank a lot too. Lynch is the most natural pass rusher we have other than Aldon. He needs to be on the field. I don't care if he is a rookie.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
it's time for lemonhead to sink or swim.

Agreed. I hope he has what it takes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Lynch is a better pass rusher than Lemonier. I like Tank a lot too. Lynch is the most natural pass rusher we have other than Aldon. He needs to be on the field. I don't care if he is a rookie.

Agreed but I think he will be used sparingly at first.

Tank rushed the edge against the Texans a couple of times and he looked good. He's really ideal for the position because he can convert speed to strength and Lemons can't do that.
Share 49ersWebzone