LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

What's the right price for trading Alex Boone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's the right price for trading Alex Boone?

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Won't take anything less than a 1st round pick

Thank we better sign him to a long term deal pronto!

If Boone is worth a 1st round pick I wouldn't trade him at all!
Originally posted by supreme_clientele81:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
2nd round pick with a conditional 1st if he makes the pro-bowl.

this.

that

Looking at Baalkes history I can only imagine him doing a shrewd deal like this.

Cut-throat.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Reports are that we offered him top 15 G money and he turned it down (prior to the hold-out). There's only so much you can offer as a team that has a bunch of players to sign. He's playing on a very cheap deal that pays him low-end starter money. He's got to be held accountable for the contract he signed. He'll get his payday, but it might not be with us, and if it isn't, he'll have to be patient and wait two years until his contract is up. Womp womp.

In this case I would continue to do what we are doing; fine him, and let him sit out the year. He won't get credit for this season and we would own his rights for another two years!

Right?

Reports are that we offered him top 15 G money and he turned it down (prior to the hold-out). There's only so much you can offer as a team that has a bunch of players to sign. He's playing on a very cheap deal that pays him low-end starter money. He's got to be held accountable for the contract he signed. He'll get his payday, but it might not be with us, and if it isn't, he'll have to be patient and wait two years until his contract is up. Womp womp.
link?

I love how players just ignore little things like the damn salary cap." I know the team only has 5 mil left to spend but if you dont pay me 15 I am going to hold out!"

soo stupid.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

link?

www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168991-alex-boone-appreciation-thread/page47/#post705

Not sure there is a link out there, but I trust what NCommand heard.

word
Well, wehther it was really said, what he has heard, or not, is pretty inconsequential. We don't know who said it, and we don't know if that person is a reliable source. I've googled this and found nothing which would confirm that rumor.
Like I said before, reread what Amp says. Here's another thot. Kawakami had in interesting article on Kap's contract and how it was cash friendly to the 49ers. Also the idea behind kap's team-1st thinking is that by keeping his guaranteed first yr money low, Jed would have $$ to spend to keep good pieces around kap...and OT or OG are really good pieces to keep around your $126 mil QB. What are we all in agreement on here? How about to keep Kap safe and healthy. Well, boone qualifies there, and some of that money Jed has in his pocket could sure be spent on Boone. Problem is, and it is a big one, Trent and Jim don't do redos in anything but contract yrs, ie, next yr., an extension with pay raise.

So the question is how to make that happen? Maybe Jed could take boone aside and give him a guarantee that he gets extended at double or more his salary next yr. That may be weak, but I am searching for the 3rd way. Also I really like Kap, Staley, p-52, Anquan, and especially Vernon , maybe Justin, calling boone frequently , taking him to dinner or whatever, and keeping a bug in his ear. Kap gave us a break to keep guys around him. Somehow, without breaking trent's rule , figure out how to satisfy boone this yr. That is the third way, and no , I don't have an answer. But 49ers OWE KAP to keep needed guys around him...esp on the OL. Hey, maybe we already got the guy to replace him...but having another starter on the OL is just insurance for Kap...who is really the guy the 49ers owe in this deal. Somebody clever has to put together how you do it...and I'm not that clever.

In this case I would continue to do what we are doing; fine him, and let him sit out the year. He won't get credit for this season and we would own his rights for another two years!

Right?

Yup. He needs to show up by week 8 or his contract resets.

So in that scenario if he showed up in week 8 and played the rest of the season, how much money would he lose?

Also, could he turn around and do the same thing next year?
I don't believer they are trying to trade them. But if they are, you don't entertain anything less than a first or a 2nd and 3rd. And the 2nd and 3rd has to be from a team drafting in the top 16.

Let's just hope our bookends remain healthy.

Amen Brutha, we can't have anymore brushes with the injury bug, we have to get the job done this year...
#1 pick overall
You all need to be realistic. We are not going to get a first round out of him.

It's rare to get a first rounder out of a lineman. The only guy who can come close is Joe Staley, who might command a second round pick. I hope for a third rounder, but that probably won't happen either. I think if we are lucky, we can get a 4th and a late round 6th from a team that is desperate for a lineman. The fact is, his position is replaceable and teams would rather save their 1 - 3 round picks for potential young stars or proven QB's like Alex Smith.

I wish Boone would honor his contract and play and we probably would extend him with a pay increase next year. It would have been a Win Win, but now it looks like we are going to lose Boone, and Boone risks not playing for a year and potentially missing out on a super bowl and extension for next year.
2nd Round
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Especially when we have him right now on the books already for two more years at $4million total! Then we can franchise him another year at G pay for a third year! Say we let him play it out through 2015 and he walks for a 3rd round comp pick. Now tell me why we would forfeit our rights to Boone for anything less than a 2nd rd pick when we can get a 3rd rd pick as a comp anyway for 2016? We should start the bidding at a minimum of a 2nd rd pick for this reasoning alone. We don't need to do deals that help other teams. We need to do deals that help ourselves. As we all know, Baalke is into having more than 3 drafts picks in the top 100!

There is no such thing as G pay under the franchise tag. All OL fall under the same designation, so in essence we'd have to pay him like an elite LT if we want to tag him.
Share 49ersWebzone