There are 192 users in the forums

What's the right price for trading Alex Boone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's the right price for trading Alex Boone?

2nd round pick with a conditional 1st if he makes the pro-bowl.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

this.
time of the year matters here to. you see a lot of august trades as rosters get trimmed, but usually its just mid to late rounders. tough sledding trying to get a 2nd out of a team this time of the year. yes trent richardson happened last september but that may work against any team going forward here for a little bit as that trade hasnt worked out so far.
If I'm Trent I would be standing pretty firm on Boones value as a blind side protector. GMa spend 1st round picks to find this type of player. You have the draft pick for 10 years but you're getting a fully formed LT at his peak with at least 4 more years of top end production.There's a lot of value in just plugging the hole especially since LT underperformance can really hold a team back but top end production can out a team over the top.
I might be willing to trade him for a position of need. The only problem is, we only really need a guard...
Some folk think we are asking too much for Boone but really there is no reason to move him other than an insanely absurd offer of at least a 2nd rd pick or multiple top 100 selections. This new CBA has us right where we want to be in this dispute
Originally posted by crabman82:
time of the year matters here to. you see a lot of august trades as rosters get trimmed, but usually its just mid to late rounders. tough sledding trying to get a 2nd out of a team this time of the year. yes trent richardson happened last september but that may work against any team going forward here for a little bit as that trade hasnt worked out so far.

Which is why we ain't trading him. He will report sooner or later. He has no choice aside from retirement! If we trade him we only help someone else while hurting ourselves. There is no win in trading Boone for a 3rd here. This completely is apart from what this does to our relationships with our other players and their contracts. That is yet another reason we can't succumb to this type of pressure
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Which is why we ain't trading him. He will report sooner or later. He has no choice aside from retirement!

yeah i agree. i'm not against trading him but this time of the year theres very little value to be had. teams know you want to move a guy and low ball you.
yeah i agree. i'm not against trading him but this time of the year theres very little value to be had. teams know you want to move a guy and low ball you.

Well good thing that we don't want to move Boone! Other teams and various media types might like this but we sure as hell don't. Fortunately we have a very bright and savvy GM that is intent on leaving Boone right where he is on reserve/not reporting until he inevitably reports. He has to or retire
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Well good thing that we don't want to move Boone! Other teams and various media types might like this but we sure as hell don't. Fortunately we have a very bright and savvy GM that is intent on leaving Boone right where he is on reserve/not reporting until he inevitably reports. He has to or retire

Yeah, pretty sure they'll let Boone sit on his couch and watch the games until he reports. With 2 years left on his current deal it doesn't make much sense to trade him. Dude either reports and negotiates a new contract or he screws himself.

The NFL has always graded draft picks higher than established players. It is not a trading league. How much is Boone worth? A 3 or 4 without a doubt, enter in the Baalke factor and it becomes 2. The fact that he's under contract puts Baalke in the drivers seat, a 1 would be sweet. I hope it does not come to that and Boone comes back soon.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The NFL has always graded draft picks higher than established players. It is not a trading league. How much is Boone worth? A 3 or 4 without a doubt, enter in the Baalke factor and it becomes 2. The fact that he's under contract puts Baalke in the drivers seat, a 1 would be sweet. I hope it does not come to that and Boone comes back soon.

With the new CBA especially when you can sign these guys so cheap out the gate their 1st 4 seasons and then leverage them to a pay as you go contract prior to the 4th year if you choose because they need the dough. After Boone watches us dismantle DAL from his couch week 1 and put up 500 yards of total offense and 185+ rushing yards he will get his butt to HQ real quick!! DAL has NO defense!
Hopefully Baalke doesn't ship him for a 7th round pick….
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

this.

that
Heard on KNBR today his fine total is $551k, someone can check what it is per day, but his agent is screwing him badly!
Share 49ersWebzone