LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

What's the right price for trading Alex Boone?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's the right price for trading Alex Boone?

A lot of rumors swirling about Boone being traded. I think he is worth a 1st round pick. He is holding out because we won't pay him the starting tackle money he deserves. Boone is a bona fide stud left tackle that we play out of position at RG. Every WZer knows it's true. We pay him back up money and he knows he can multiply his salary many many times over by holding out and being traded. We aren't offering teams a RG. We are offering a LT and a great one at that. That should fetch a 1st round pick in my estimation.
Won't take anything less than a 1st round pick
Super Bowl 46-48 trophies, and 49-50 guaranteed
1st rounder or a 2nd and 3rd.......das it mane.
he might be worth a 1st rounder..but you never get what want when you are trying to get rid of it
I'd take a 2nd from a bottom feeder or a first from a team like the PATs.
3rd is not enough for a guy who can is a probowl caliber starter who can play 4 of the 5 spots.
1st round. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd would do the trick.

If Boone were a FA, he would likely net a deal around 6 yr, $50 mil. Especially if he were to play left tackle. If a player is worth that amount of money, they are worth a 1st round pick as trade compensation.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

If Boone were a FA, he would likely net a deal around 6 yr, $50 mil. Especially if he were to play left tackle. If a player is worth that amount of money, they are worth a 1st round pick as trade compensation.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Especially when we have him right now on the books already for two more years at $4million total! Then we can franchise him another year at G pay for a third year! Say we let him play it out through 2015 and he walks for a 3rd round comp pick. Now tell me why we would forfeit our rights to Boone for anything less than a 2nd rd pick when we can get a 3rd rd pick as a comp anyway for 2016? We should start the bidding at a minimum of a 2nd rd pick for this reasoning alone. We don't need to do deals that help other teams. We need to do deals that help ourselves. As we all know, Baalke is into having more than 3 drafts picks in the top 100!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
A desperate team best give us 1st rd pick or bonafide NT and 2nd rd pick....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1st round pick and AJ Green, Joe Haden, or Eric Berry.....what's that, no you say, well all good with me.....BYE.

Seriously though, I'd rather have the play of Boone then have a draft pick. I wanna see a Super Bowl this year, not look forward to who the 9ers will draft with that pick!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
1st round pick and AJ Green, Joe Haden, or Eric Berry.....what's that, no you say, well all good with me.....BYE.

Seriously though, I'd rather have the play of Boone then have a draft pick. I wanna see a Super Bowl this year, not look forward to who the 9ers will draft with that pick!!!

This. We need to try and work something out. Boone is a solid starting G that can play T in a pinch.
lol@ the responses
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he might be worth a 1st rounder..but you never get what want when you are trying to get rid of it

Are they trying to get rid of him? They own is ass for 2 more years. Baalke is in a real position of power here, and will get what he wants or just hang on to him. This is not like Alex Smith, when teams knew we had to move him.
Share 49ersWebzone