LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Niners/Denver gets Wolfe/Warner again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I'm Hoping They Don't Broadcast From Kurt Warners Leaving Room Again
These guys are idiots. Warner kept filling the awkward silences with whatever popped into his head and Wolf treated the whole thing like it was a one-on-one interview with Warner. The game may as well have not been on for all he cared. We get a sack on 3rd down, cut to Ari asking Kurt what its like to play in a superbowl, cut back to the Ravens lining up on offense with a first down. Neither of them even noticed something wasn't right.

Ari was obviously blowing it off because its a preseason game. Except only the hardcore fans are watching the 4th quarter of a preseason game. We want to see if any of the young kids show promise, not listen to Warner talk about what it's like to have Aeneus Williams on your team.
gonna suck, have to do the streaming KNBR this time....
When listening to the game you know the announcers are not on-site. It gives this weird feeling of being in a vacuum. The commentators are addressing the TV screen not the field. Good-Dell theory #1, save money on announcing, #2 market all the way to the red-zone graphics. What's next? The WWE had the right idea where pro-football was going, they were just too early. Maybe Mean Gene Okerlund can do the half-time show.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This was the dumbest s**t I seen, NFL Network getting lazy lol
It's gonna give a poor idea for viewers of the crowd noise @ Levi's since the ambient sound of the stadium will probably be muted...

BTW..I though it was gonna be on NBC SNF? (tho I might've confused it w/ the Wk 2 home opener vs the Bears....could've sword they announced during the Quakes game this preseason game vs Denver would be on SNF... )
What about Warner's job as a colour guy?

Am I the only one who didn't think Warner was that bad in the booth? There are a lot of TERRIBLE colour guys in this business, and I actually thought Warner did an ok job.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM ]
But yeah, if NFLF is gonna be lazy and just commentate from the "living room" as someone said, might as well hire Madden (who's retired and has a fear of flights) and use the vocal archives of Pat Summerall that EA sports has lmao...
Did you guys see them give kap 31 touchdown on his stat line at the opening ? Then put frank gores picture on Carlos hydes profile.... Pretty funny
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
But yeah, if NFLF is gonna be lazy and just commentate from the "living room" as someone said, might as well hire Madden (who's retired and has a fear of flights) and use the vocal archives of Pat Summerall that EA sports has lmao...

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Did you guys see them give kap 31 touchdown on his stat line at the opening ? Then put frank gores picture on Carlos hydes profile.... Pretty funny

Yep. I saw Carlos Gore or Frank Hyde or whoever. Crack staff over there at NFLN.

Anyone who'd put Sapp on TV has to have their credibility questioned.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

31 and 11 is his career TD's and INT's I think.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Looks like I'll be watching the game on mute with the radio on .

could you spare a link by any chance good sir?
Originally posted by defenderDX:

usually on gameday there are ones posted here:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/104660-guide-watching-niner-games-internet/
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by defenderDX:

usually on gameday there are ones posted here:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/104660-guide-watching-niner-games-internet/

no a radio broadcast link
Share 49ersWebzone