There are 270 users in the forums

Will it be the ole Greg Roman play calling again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aside from Iupati's personal performance, two reasons why CK was getting destroyed today 1) Perpetual runs on first down (loss of yards or minimal yards gained) and 2) Next two plays are LONG ass go-routes (no simple outlets or RB's flaring out or underneath checks). Pretty much looks like last years regular season...everything hinges on first down run production.

CK is lucky to be standing right now.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM ]
Real conservative play calling but not concern
I hope this is all a big smoke and mirrors show for preseason, because if not, we are in trouble.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I hope this is all a big smoke and mirrors show for preseason, because if not, we are in trouble.

It is. But...I don't see Harbaugh/Roman opening up the passing game regardless. If they don't do it this year, they will never do it. We could have Calvin Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey and they would still run 60% of the time. I have a hard time thinking they are that obtuse or stubborn. I'm starting to think they just don't trust Kap throwing more than 20 times per game. But if that's true then why would you even draft a guy like that. It's like buying a Ferrari and driving it 40 miles per hour. Good grief !!!
Originally posted by NJ49er:
It is. But...I don't see Harbaugh/Roman opening up the passing game regardless. If they don't do it this year, they will never do it. We could have Calvin Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey and they would still run 60% of the time. I have a hard time thinking they are that obtuse or stubborn. I'm starting to think they just don't trust Kap throwing more than 20 times per game. But if that's true then why would you even draft a guy like that. It's like buying a Ferrari and driving it 40 miles per hour. Good grief !!!

The theory that Kap is really limited behind the scene to the point where he is the reason, that is dictating this atrocious joke of an offensive philosophy is really improbable to me.

Think of the agreed upon much worse QBs in the league. Is the playcalling so askew and limited for them that it matches their actual abilities? I doubt it.
Was not impressed with some of the play calling. Gotta love the up the middle runs on second and long that we kept seeing. And of all of James' carries, I think one was to the outside. Come on
One thing that I have to say was encouraging today about the first-team offense was that they were getting up to the line much quicker than in past years. They were getting the snap off with 8+ seconds left on the play clock routinely, and that was after Kap had time at the line to make reads and bark out adjustments.
Originally posted by theduke85:
One thing that I have to say was encouraging today about the first-team offense was that they were getting up to the line much quicker than in past years. They were getting the snap off with 8+ seconds left on the play clock routinely, and that was after Kap had time at the line to make reads and bark out adjustments.

I noticed this too. That seems promising
Share 49ersWebzone