LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Will it be the ole Greg Roman play calling again?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im nervous. I just dont want the conservative, predictable play calling of Greg Roman. Too much talent to waste possessions on bad play calling. And when it's predictable I see players get hurt a lot more. We need to be aggressive.
He's not gonna throw away his 3 NFCCG in a row play book
Harbaugh
Yes.

Same guy - don't know if he'll open it up a bit or not....
  • titan
  • Veteran
If our Passing Offense can show they are capable I'm sure he'll open it up a little bit.
Greg's done the best with what he's had to work with.
There is a systemic problem with the play calling in SF. Kap never seems to have much time between receiving the call and getting to the LOS. Reading Barrows article today, the ravens offense were running two plays for every one play by the 49ers. The offensive rhythm is slow and horrible.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Lets start off with getting the plays called in sooner and not snapping the ball with 1 second left or wasting a time out. Then improve the play calling.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

I love it when newbies have a sense of humor.

Originally posted by fister30:
There is a systemic problem with the play calling in SF. Kap never seems to have much time between receiving the call and getting to the LOS. Reading Barrows article today, the ravens offense were running two plays for every one play by the 49ers. The offensive rhythm is slow and horrible.

Look at what the Cardinals did today. Its only preseason but their passing offense was clicking pretty well, guys were running good routes, QB's were on the money, the offense had a flow and a rhythm to it.

I don't even expect playcalling brilliance, just have a flow to the offense, keep the ball moving downfield, whether the 1st, 2nd or 3rd string guys, let everyone be on the samme wavelength.
Too bad cannot we protest
  • -AC-
  • Veteran
Balance... if he can't find it with this cast, then he has no business in the NFL...
We are fine between the 20's......red zone is our issue. Has been for some time.
Like NC said in response to my post, that romn will be gone by yrs end if he doesn't improve vastly. To which NCommand replied, "if he is still calling plays like last 3 yrs, he won't make it past midseason" (paraphrased, but you get the point. ) Actually if we come out and our OC calls plays like last 3 yrs and kap with crabs, stevie, anquan and Vernon...all 4 all pros.. then romn could very well be gone before midseason. Based on 1st PS game, we learned nothing re: romn. Or at least , I didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone