There are 215 users in the forums

Jeff Garcia Wants to Back Up Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Hyde-Sheds-First-Game-Nerves-Jeff-Garcia-Wants-to-Back-up-Kap-/839160f5-fd65-464f-9f02-00a8f2a66a69

Jennifer Chan @jenniferleechan
We want to bring him back! @angu1980 @JeffGarciaJGFA are you game?

@jenniferleechan @angu1980 Hell yeah I'm game. Bring me in & let me compete 2 back up Kap. I'll battle, fight, & compete for the @49ers #JGF
9:54 PM - 7 Aug 2014
17 Retweets 14 favorites

Did anyone else see this? Gave me a chuckle. This little side piece certainly was an eyebrow-raiser when I saw it. Garcia was recently hired as an offensive consultant for the Alouettes in the CFL and hasn't played since 2011, so the chances of anything happening are pretty close to zero, but it was hard for me to not think, in the back of my mind, how interesting it would be to have Garcia on the roster as a veteran backup -- even just a third string -- and even if he didn't play a single down.

I just don't think there is any other QB on the roster who I'd trust to "see something" out on the field to alert Kaepernick about and let us take advantage of some match-up or make certain audibles, etc. - Quite simply, since Smith left, we haven't had any truly experienced veteran presence on the roster at QB behind CK. And personally, I think that's a mistake. Having any sort of a strong veteran there would not only benefit Kaepernick, but it'd benefit other young QBs on the roster.
the guy just wins. Garcia will move the chains. But I feel the game has past him.
Sign him up
I dunno about signing him now, but we should have NEVER let him go.
Better than what we have now

Edit: the dude is in tip top shape. His life still revolves around football. It's not like he's been sitting at home eating cheetos all day. Basically what I'm trying to say is... Screw Gabbert.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Aug 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM ]
Maybe if we bring him back now it will make up for passing on him back in '05.

The man who succeeded Young, our last great QB, will finally get a ring as a backup to our next great Franchise QB.

The circle will be completed, cosmic closure will be satisfied.

CHAMPIONSHIP
[ Edited by swayze on Aug 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM ]
  • Jiks
I'd rather have The Dilfer.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Better than what we have now

Edit: the dude is in tip top shape. His life still revolves around football. It's not like he's been sitting at home eating cheetos all day. Basically what I'm trying to say is... Screw Gabbert.

I agree, but the question is can he take a hit? Like a good hit? And how many?
the dude is like 90 lulz
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by spizzy:
the dude is like 90 lulz

he'd be 3rd string in jacksonville if someone would give him the chance. guy just wants to be around the game gotta respect that.
Garcia for OC.
The guy's 44 years old, I really can't see him being able to play in the NFL. If this were maybe 4-5 years ago and we were in this position,sure, I'd say sign him up, but not now.
He would still be better than Gabbert.
No. I love Garcia but...no .
Share 49ersWebzone