There are 236 users in the forums

why are we being forced to "like" the Ravens???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i have no issue. its the preseason. this only helps the 49ers.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Baltimore Ravens@Ravens

We're rolling out the scarlet for the @49ers... Glad to have you here!

i mean it's cool and all, but we JUST lost to this team in the SuperBowl a couple of years ago.... and some like myself felt it wasn't a fairly called game, but whatever.

now we have to be buddy buddy with them and spend the weekened? It's easy for them to be nice because they won the trophy...but I wonder if this weekend s**t would've been ok with them, if WE were the ones who won that SuperBowl. I very much doubt it.

I'm sure the 9er players are more professional than I am, but I would have to think some of them are wondering why this is needed.

there was one player (I forget who) on the Ravens who said he wanted to bring his ring to the practices to show the 9ers players...it was during the preseason telecast.....he probably won't, but I have to think when things get heated after a day or two, immature words will be thrown out and a few fights might break out.

This is the Ravens being a classy and respectable host to the visiting 49ers. This was not at our HQ.

I am very glad we had this opportunity to scrim against these guys. It will only help us. The Ravens are a good team and very well coached.

We lost 18 months ago.. get over it.

This. Iron sharpens iron. Their OL and DL are effing huge and good. It's a terrific experience for our front 7 and OL AND it was obvious they were asked to test our CB's on deep bombs a lot too. We got a ton of great work and experience against them. No issues whatsoever.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DeUh:
there was one player (I forget who) on the Ravens who said he wanted to bring his ring to the practices to show the 9ers players...it was during the preseason telecast.....he probably won't, but I have to think when things get heated after a day or two, immature words will be thrown out and a few fights might break out.

You are talking about CB Jimmy Smith. You may remember his non called holding on Crabtree on the last play of the game.

Same dude by the way who threw one of our players into our sideline last night. After that Stevie Johnson wanted to punch him in the face. Vernon Davis held Stevie back.

$100 that there will be some incident involving Jimmy Smith in the next 3 days.

Was Smith the same dude that launched the crown of his helmet up into Crabtree's facemask right in front of the ref that lead to him seeing stars well after the game (minor concussion)?

Yes.

Here it is.

[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM ]

You are talking about CB Jimmy Smith. You may remember his non called holding on Crabtree on the last play of the game.

Same dude by the way who threw one of our players into our sideline last night. After that Stevie Johnson wanted to punch him in the face. Vernon Davis held Stevie back.

Was Smith the same dude that launched the crown of his helmet up into Crabtree's facemask right in front of the ref that lead to him seeing stars well after the game (minor concussion)?

Yes.

Here it is.

Talk about a defensless receiver and a TEXTBOOK personal foul call with the ref standing in perfect view. #DonteHitnerBias
I hate the Ravens.... Hate them.. It goes something like:

1. Seahawks/Cowboys/Packers/Rams
1a. Ravens

Yes.

Here it is.

Talk about a defensless receiver and a TEXTBOOK personal foul call with the ref standing in perfect view. #DonteHitnerBias

I will forever hate referees. If you're not going to enforce clear cut penalties in the super bowl, then what is the point of even having the yellow flags?
Forced to like them...???

I've always rooted for the ravens to beat the Steelers...

Matter of fact, unless they play at the same time, I usually catch most Ravens games...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by verb1der:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Harbaugh's had something to do with this s**t!

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/59422-ravens-fans-most-hated-afcnfc-team-in-the-nfl/

they don't like us
I get the brotherly love angle ... but the bitter taste still from the SB ... giving up 28 points in damn near a half.....
I can't like them .... have only got to "tolerate stage".

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Baltimore Ravens@Ravens

We're rolling out the scarlet for the @49ers... Glad to have you here!

i mean it's cool and all, but we JUST lost to this team in the SuperBowl a couple of years ago.... and some like myself felt it wasn't a fairly called game, but whatever.

now we have to be buddy buddy with them and spend the weekened? It's easy for them to be nice because they won the trophy...but I wonder if this weekend s**t would've been ok with them, if WE were the ones who won that SuperBowl. I very much doubt it.

I'm sure the 9er players are more professional than I am, but I would have to think some of them are wondering why this is needed.

This is the Ravens being a classy and respectable host to the visiting 49ers. This was not at our HQ.

I am very glad we had this opportunity to scrim against these guys. It will only help us. The Ravens are a good team and very well coached.

We lost 18 months ago.. get over it.

This. Iron sharpens iron. Their OL and DL are effing huge and good. It's a terrific experience for our front 7 and OL AND it was obvious they were asked to test our CB's on deep bombs a lot too. We got a ton of great work and experience against them. No issues whatsoever.

True.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Harbaugh's had something to do with this s**t!

What better way to learn the seadderall cheating methods than from a coach who is much better at cheating and doesn't get caught cheating like Cheat Carroll.
Kap, said it best. I get to see the different looks of the DBackfield, and the changes they make, and I get to practice against that. Invaluable. I don't like cheap hits like shown above, but there is definite advantage esp for a guy like Kap who really needs to see different D looks than he gets from our D, which he knows. This is great stuff, and as long as no injuries, keep it up.

Or you could be in LA area at the raids training camp , hosting the cowboys. 3 fights in the morning. Now there is progress. I krappy team in a fight with another. One emptied both benches. Exciting. Wonderful. And instructive. Way to go raids.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kap, said it best. I get to see the different looks of the DBackfield, and the changes they make, and I get to practice against that. Invaluable. I don't like cheap hits like shown above, but there is definite advantage esp for a guy like Kap who really needs to see different D looks than he gets from our D, which he knows. This is great stuff, and as long as no injuries, keep it up.

Or you could be in LA area at the raids training camp , hosting the cowboys. 3 fights in the morning. Now there is progress. I krappy team in a fight with another. One emptied both benches. Exciting. Wonderful. And instructive. Way to go raids.

The cowboys are hosting, oxnard is where their annual sureno lovefest with dodger fans occurs....
Share 49ersWebzone