There are 163 users in the forums

why are we being forced to "like" the Ravens???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They have a good fan base and a respectable coach. Why not
I didn't mind them till some of them opened their mouths after the super bowl. I think one of those players is gone elsewhere. Smith was one of them though. Didn't like Ray Ray either but he's moved on to annoying the $hiot out of us as a broadcaster. I'd like to put him, Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp on a boat and sink it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Its good to have an ally. No one was complaining when they gave us boldin for a cheeseburger. That move saved our season.

excellent point!
Originally posted by outside4949:
f**k the ravens!

This! ^ and the Harbaugh clan! ...............minus Jim of course.
Meh, I don't care.

I have no bitter feelings about the Ravens as a team. They beat us in the superbowl because we played like s**t for over half the game. Were their bad calls? Sure. But it ain't the Ravens fault that the refs screwed up and it isn't their fault that we played like s**t either. No hard feelings for me about the Ravens.

Now Seattle.... that's a different story. I hate those b***hes.
*sigh* I don't feel to bad about the idea anymore.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I do not dislike the Ravens. Well run/coached team.

I hold no ill will toward them. I don't necessarily like them, but then again I don't like any team not named 49ers.

x2

Though our evening in Maui would have been MUCH better had we beat them a few years back, huh AXE?
Raven fans love dem some Kaep!
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd_Up_Jim_Harbaugh_at_Ravens_Joint_Camp/db83fda3-61be-427b-8721-8e1f7a468f95

After watching this I really like this practice. As long as there are no injuries and no fighting, then it helps both clubs. Might as well leverage the fact that our coach as a brother coaching another team to help make us better.
i've never had an issue with the ravens, i've always rooted for them over pittsburgh

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I do not dislike the Ravens. Well run/coached team.

I hold no ill will toward them. I don't necessarily like them, but then again I don't like any team not named 49ers.

x2

Though our evening in Maui would have been MUCH better had we beat them a few years back, huh AXE?

That game was the lowlight of that otherwise awesome trip amirite?
I hated RAy Lewis. Now that he is gone, there isn't much to hate on the Ravens.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
there was one player (I forget who) on the Ravens who said he wanted to bring his ring to the practices to show the 9ers players...it was during the preseason telecast.....he probably won't, but I have to think when things get heated after a day or two, immature words will be thrown out and a few fights might break out.

You are talking about CB Jimmy Smith. You may remember his non called holding on Crabtree on the last play of the game.

Same dude by the way who threw one of our players into our sideline last night. After that Stevie Johnson wanted to punch him in the face. Vernon Davis held Stevie back.

$100 that there will be some incident involving Jimmy Smith in the next 3 days.

Was Smith the same dude that launched the crown of his helmet up into Crabtree's facemask right in front of the ref that lead to him seeing stars well after the game (minor concussion)?
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Baltimore Ravens@Ravens

We're rolling out the scarlet for the @49ers... Glad to have you here!

i mean it's cool and all, but we JUST lost to this team in the SuperBowl a couple of years ago.... and some like myself felt it wasn't a fairly called game, but whatever.

now we have to be buddy buddy with them and spend the weekened? It's easy for them to be nice because they won the trophy...but I wonder if this weekend s**t would've been ok with them, if WE were the ones who won that SuperBowl. I very much doubt it.

I'm sure the 9er players are more professional than I am, but I would have to think some of them are wondering why this is needed.

there was one player (I forget who) on the Ravens who said he wanted to bring his ring to the practices to show the 9ers players...it was during the preseason telecast.....he probably won't, but I have to think when things get heated after a day or two, immature words will be thrown out and a few fights might break out.

This is the Ravens being a classy and respectable host to the visiting 49ers. This was not at our HQ.

I am very glad we had this opportunity to scrim against these guys. It will only help us. The Ravens are a good team and very well coached.

We lost 18 months ago.. get over it.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I hated RAy Lewis. Now that he is gone, there isn't much to hate on the Ravens.

Not a huge fan of Ray Lewis either but at least he backed up Brooks' "neck gate" BIG TIME. So I had to give him props on that one.
Share 49ersWebzone