There are 255 users in the forums

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

I hope you're right. I believe the 5 games he sat out while he was at rehab should equal timed served.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
First off, 2 games is unrealistic. Goodell is already taking heat for going light on Rice. 4 games is probably ideal, but I think Goodell will want a more harsher penalty. I think he'll settle for 8 with it being cut down 2 games. So, 6 is my realistic number for the suspension.
Originally posted by mayo49:
First off, 2 games is unrealistic. Goodell is already taking heat for going light on Rice. 4 games is probably ideal, but I think Goodell will want a more harsher penalty. I think he'll settle for 8 with it being cut down 2 games. So, 6 is my realistic number for the suspension.

Lol....making stuff up

No DUI has has been more then four games

Guns are state laws and it was handled by the state already

The media doesn't dictate the harshness of penalties
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I'm telling you. The more games he suspends Aldon, the more he minimizes wife beatings. O-1 games suspended. Watch!

This
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Lol....making stuff up

No DUI has has been more then four games

Guns are state laws and it was handled by the state already

The media doesn't dictate the harshness of penalties

This!
4 games
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
4 games

6 games, cut down to 4.
Goodell isn't taking heat for going light on Rice. He's taking heat for going light on domestic violence. That's why the comparisons to Gordon's year long pot suspension were raised. Smoke pot get a year, beat your wife get 2 games etc. Going especially hard after Aldon only amplifies the talk about how light he went on domestic violence and potentially resurrects the issue in the media. I think Goodell is smart enough to see that.

8 games is realistic imo. The biggest question to me is if he'll get credit for the paid 5 game absence last year or not.
If Goodell was smart he would suspend him 10 games. With 5 games credit for last year net result:y 5 game suspension. This way it is a significant suspension with credit for "doing the right thing". If he hands out 8. He undercuts his own philosophy for players "doing the right thing". And no future troubled players will follow Aldon's lead.
I know the Bears hope it's at least two games. Aldon had almost 5 sacks last time he played against them.

I could care less, a fresher, hungrier Aldon Smith would be better in the long run anyway. We should be ok against the cowboys, bears, cardinals. We need Aldon to be at his best on thanksgiving!

Also, other guys get important reps while smith is gone. Imagine Aldon & Navarro on fresh legs mid season?

Originally posted by glorydayz:
I know the Bears hope it's at least two games. Aldon had almost 5 sacks last time he played against them.

I could care less, a fresher, hungrier Aldon Smith would be better in the long run anyway. We should be ok against the cowboys, bears, cardinals. We need Aldon to be at his best on thanksgiving!

Also, other guys get important reps while smith is gone. Imagine Aldon & Navarro on fresh legs mid season?

I like your enthusiasm sir but that Bears game will not be easy
Here's my positive spin on a longer suspension:

Aldon will be fresh and ready for action for the second half of the season and turn into a complete animal sacking the QB at will. At the same time, his sack totals will look lower on a season basis, thus making it easier to sign him to a long term extension for less money.

If what we hear coming out of camp is true, Aldon looks like he's ready to break the NFL sack record.
This situation makes me laugh at people (non-49er fans, not you guys), perfect example of ppl not knowing wtf they are talking about. Aldon had/has a drinking problem, he went to rehab for 5 weeks last year to get it straightened out. The gun charges are technicalities, BS really, it could happen to anyone, he didn't know the CA law was different from where he got them, IMO, even a misdemeanor is BS in this situation. The LAX thing was ridiculous, so much so that charges were dropped. Is the kid perfect, no, has he made stupid mistakes? Yes. The biggest thing here, RG suspended Ray Rice 2 games for beating the absolute crap out of his then GF, in no way shape or form is anything Aldon did or the combination of things Aldon did even remotely close to that, 1-2 games tops & realistically, RG should "suspend" him for those games, then say the fact that he sat out 5 games voluntarily last year erase those games, give him a fine of a few game checks and let the kid play.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
I'm telling you. The more games he suspends Aldon, the more he minimizes wife beatings. O-1 games suspended. Watch!

This

I pray you 2 are right, hopefully we find out soon, the anticipation of this is killing me! I know Lemonier, Tank, Skuta and those guys can hold it down, but w/Bowman already out, almost an entirely new DB it would be great to have Aldon out there for most or all of our games.
We dodged a bullet in not having Ahmad suspended for cracking Divens in the head with a beer bottle. I say Aldon gets a 1 game suspension, 2 at the most.
Share 49ersWebzone