There are 255 users in the forums

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Realistically, How many games do you think Aldon should/will be suspended for?

• Phil
  • Veteran
They should just fine the players huge sums of money rather than punish the team/fans for the players bad behavior. Something like 6 million dollar fine for this- or a 10 million dollar fine for that. Write out a guideline of various crimes/behavior and set huge fines for each one differing on the severity of the act. if the NFL starts fining players, lets say, 40% of their contract for getting a DUI I'm pretty sure it would stop. 80% for violence. 5% for minor non violent crimes such as smoking pot etc and so on. Make the fines very severe for seriously messed up behavior. What they're doing to Josh Gordan is stupid. stuff like that is just stupid.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
None.

Essentially he would be suspended for an ADDITIONAL amount for a misdemeanor and community service after voluntarily removing himself from the NFL (no one does that these days and this should be encouraged). IMHO this is ridiculous that anything more than even a 1 game suspension should be considered.

Ray Rice beat a woman unconscious and dragged her by her hair on film and it made the rounds on the interwebs. Now you tell me who has brought more public shame to the NFL? 2 games? Really? If Aldon gets any more than ONE game I'm really pissed.

Why exactly is Rice not in jail for that? I will be the first to admit that these guys get off soft, Aldon has had it very easy. But how are none of them doing time for breaking the law? Any average Joe does that and they are behind bars.

His wife chose not to file charges, that's why

I don't know how it is in Jersey but in California if there is any police involvement in a domestic case the DA has to decide to file charges or not. They don't let the women backtrack on husbands crimes anymore. I can sort of understand from the woman's point of view(in this incident, with some people being so loyal to a big time bread-winning spouse) that they will be working through it and her not wanting to press charges, especially when married to someone high profile with much to lose, but to Goodell it should make no never mind as the incident occurred and is a huge stain on the league showing brutality and extremely poor values on this player.

There should def be some consistency with severity of off field crimes committed. One domestic beating really doesn't seem like it is less serious than a couple drunk driving(one reckless actually), and a weapons charge. Maybe he could argue they are on par with each other, but in most people's minds i don't think they are going to look at Aldons couple incidents and say to themselves "that is 2-3 times worse than Ray Rice's fiasco." The punishment then shouldn't be. This is all assuming logic when i have seen little from this commissioner.
I just hope Goddell doesn't come down extra hard on #99 to compensate for his incompetent fumbling of the Ray Rice suspension.
I think 2 games is fair.
2 games is fair.

I feel like Aldon's mistakes are more out of stupidity than maliciousness
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
first offense gets off on bail ..even for us common folk

I don't think we would get off for beating the s**t out of a wife/gf

actually you would if its a first offense and if you weren't close to killing her.

Did some weekend work years ago and there's a lot of people in there for Domestic Violence...which they got a lot of Weekends and DV classes..no Jail time. unless they stiffened the penalty since then..but it was pretty much just some fines, weekend work and classes
He'll be suspended for eight games, whether you think it's fair or not.
He should get 4 games with timed served and an additional fine.
I don't think he should serve a single game.
0-2 games imo.... Alison faced the music. Pleaded no contest, didn't try to vs and drag situation out. Missed 5 games and voluntarily went to rehab. He was not caught on tape dragging his wig out looking like a damn corpse. Ray got off easy. If aldon gets more then 2 games it sets the precident it is ok to beat your wife. Nice statement to show children.
My bias says zero! Gut says 1 or 2

The media reports have been anywhere from 2-8 games. Take into account the time spent in rehab so 2-4 games seems realistic.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by saj4423:
He should get 4 games with timed served and an additional fine.

That's on the harsh end, but I wouldn't complain too much. That would equal out to 9 games overall,with last years paid leave of absence. That's a pretty egregious amount overall, but 4 games this year is not the end of the world.

Fixed it for yah
Originally posted by Overkill:
He's had multiple issues. 8 games with time served, so 3 this year. Appealed to two.

But I think the Ray Rice thing could actually help him. Goodell can't drop the hammer on him too bad without looking even worse imo.

That's what I thought.

But since Goodell took so much heat for the Rice penalty I'm thinking he may want to show everyone how tough he is by making an example of Aldon. I really hope I'm wrong.
Aldon Smith will be suspended for 11 games. Goodell will suspend him for the year, less the five from last year.

Four incidents, two involving alcohol, one involving guns and violence, one involving a bomb threat. It's like the guy went from being a danger to himself and another car full of people, to a danger to a house full of people, to a danger to an entire plane or airport. What is he going to do next, release the ebola virus in Seattle?
6-8 games. if they actually want to stay consistent.

sorry, sue me for not being a homer.
Share 49ersWebzone